Disappointed

Have something on your mind about my site? Post it here!

Moderator: crazyankan

Havralin

Disappointed

Post by Havralin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:35 am

Okay, so I've been getting music from this site for over a year now and have always been really impressed with the selection, but with this new layout I've found that many of the music links lead to -cough- inappropriate sites. Also, when I open some windows, a download box opens itself advertising a file that is definitely not music and of suspicious size. I dare not download it to find out what it is.

I sure hope this is a fluke or something, or an accident, or I won't be able to come here anymore. xP It makes it very hard to reccomend this to my friends.

^Ripper
Site Admin

Post by ^Ripper » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:36 pm

The reason why i chose free filehostings for the time being is because i got kicked off my old hosting for sharing so many mp3's.

I'l try to get a new hosting since i dont like not having direct downloads.
May i ask what hosting gave you the bad popups?

Easy-share
Ultrashare
Bigupload.

Only easy-share gives a banner that leads to a datingsite.
I havent found any popups, even after disabling popup blockers and adblockers.
Now maybe the advertisements vary by country or something.
But i havent found anything seriously offending the time i've been using these services.

zergboy

Post by zergboy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:20 am

ya easy-share has some spyware yo.... not all but some are not good... and it leads u to having ads for other normal sites also. but u only get the spyware if u actually click on the ads (which some ppl can do acciden't, or purposly :P)