New Battle Angel Figurine

Where anime and manga fans meet.

Moderator: crazyankan

User avatar
^Ripper
Site Admin
Posts: 945
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by ^Ripper » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:58 pm

I got my figurine today :D
BEAUTIFULL!!!

Only one thing... i'm afraid i'l break her >_>
So many small pieces.
Opening the blade, removing her hands, feet.
Makes me sweat.

User avatar
Chrome
Deckman
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: Valles Marineris

Post by Chrome » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:27 am

^Ripper wrote:I got my figurine today :D
BEAUTIFULL!!!

Only one thing... i'm afraid i'l break her >_>
So many small pieces.
Opening the blade, removing her hands, feet.
Makes me sweat.
You're just dissapointed that she doesn't look more like your avatar. :twisted:

User avatar
denzacar
Barjack soldier
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Tuzla, BiH

Post by denzacar » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:09 pm

Chrome wrote: The tuned body is the one in the first series, volumes 6 through 9. It's referred to by Alita as "soft machine bodies", and is made very obvious when Kaos is fixing her. There's even scene in volume 7 that can be described at the very least by "making out".

What really made me wonder about that scene are 2 things: First, you can see the outlines of nipples. Why she would have those is beyond me, but i guess it's just 1 step beyond "why she needs breasts in the first place".
Secondly, her crotch is covered up in all panels where she's naked, something Kishiro never bothered to do before (or after). The placement of the viewpoint during the entire scene does raise the question as to whether it has a good reason or not.

In any case, i'm assuming that the Tuned body is functional in more ways than just one, judging from that scene, and a couple of others in volumes 6-8.
UPS! Sorry... misread the sentence and for some reason understood it as if you were talking about the Imaginos body. XD My bad.

As for it being R-rated... doubt that.
Like you said, she only has the outline of the nipples visible.
Now, Tuned body being designed for a "secret agent" kind of role, making it look more human would be usefull in infiltration and information gathering missions.
Having a vagina or rectum would not really help in anything. Tuned body was after all designed to just "do the job". Just as the berserker body.

On the other hand, her first body that Ido put together... well... if we take those extra pages in the Sonic Finger story of him putting that extra-fast digestive tract into the body so she could "feel herself alive that way" we can asume he also added some other "extras". :P
But look around you ...
Death and Light are everywhere, always, and they begin, end, strive,
attend, into and upon the Dream of the Nameless that is the world,
burning words within Samsara, perhaps to create a thing of beauty.

Gun
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:02 pm
Location: Chile

Post by Gun » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:54 pm

Hey ripper! I got mine yesterday too (although I couldn't pick the package from my friend's house before midnight)
And I must say I LOVE her, very beautiful and fun! I couldn't leave her at home and bought her to the office.
It's true the thing about the small pieces, but you just have to be careful... or a girl (my case) :lol:

I agree with denzacar. I spend around 70 dollars for the figure, shopping service and shipping. Probably if I asked a "specialized" store to bring it,
it would have been 100 dollars or more.

I don't feel like I spend "too much" on her. The manga stores here don't bring last order, so getting something from alita is exciting.

User avatar
urza
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by urza » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:22 pm

Have you ever seen James Bond?
And you are asking why a Agent needs a vagina and nippels?
Ok James bond is a guy and owns a dick, but why shouldn't the Agent of Zalem doing research in bed's?
I mean not all people on the surface are cyborgs, and I think Alita has a nice body. Why not?
And if you would ask Foggier, he wouldn't complain about nippels and vagina on/in Alitas body.

The logical reason that the Imaginos body don't show nippels and Vagina is the same reason the girls and women in our world don't show her vagina and Nipples all the time and everywere.

zsz zs zs

User avatar
denzacar
Barjack soldier
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Tuzla, BiH

Post by denzacar » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:22 pm

urza wrote:Have you ever seen James Bond?
And you are asking why a Agent needs a vagina and nippels?
Not THAT kind of an agent.

She was more of a terminator than a spy. And even T-X just showed breasts, not nipples.

I am not saying that she is asexual or anything, just that there is a possibility that one or more of her bodies were built without those "options".
Now... being that she can have more than one body, she can have a tentacle-equiped body if she and Figure are into it.
He is a fisherman after all... :P
But look around you ...
Death and Light are everywhere, always, and they begin, end, strive,
attend, into and upon the Dream of the Nameless that is the world,
burning words within Samsara, perhaps to create a thing of beauty.

nukeu666
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:13 am

Post by nukeu666 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:54 am

woohoo, i finally received my package :D
havent had the heart to open the seal yet :p

User avatar
silerkaiodine
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:08 am
Location: New Jersey

Post by silerkaiodine » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:00 pm

i really love the manga a lot and i think the figurine is reallly pretty but would you guys say that it's worth it? i like figurines and all but i like my toys to move at least a little. im willing to spend the money if i's truly worth it.

User avatar
denzacar
Barjack soldier
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Tuzla, BiH

Post by denzacar » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:25 pm

silerkaiodine wrote:i really love the manga a lot and i think the figurine is reallly pretty but would you guys say that it's worth it? i like figurines and all but i like my toys to move at least a little. im willing to spend the money if i's truly worth it.
What do you mean by "move"?

It has 16 points of articulation. Is it poseable? Yes.
Does it move around by itself? No.
Is it worth it? Hell yeah! :D

See my comments from couple of days ago on this thread.


Will you find it at the original price? Doubtful. Here it goes for about double of what it was at launch time.
But look around you ...
Death and Light are everywhere, always, and they begin, end, strive,
attend, into and upon the Dream of the Nameless that is the world,
burning words within Samsara, perhaps to create a thing of beauty.

User avatar
silerkaiodine
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:08 am
Location: New Jersey

Post by silerkaiodine » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:42 pm

denzacar wrote:
silerkaiodine wrote:i really love the manga a lot and i think the figurine is reallly pretty but would you guys say that it's worth it? i like figurines and all but i like my toys to move at least a little. im willing to spend the money if i's truly worth it.
What do you mean by "move"?

It has 16 points of articulation. Is it poseable? Yes.
Does it move around by itself? No.
Is it worth it? Hell yeah! :D

See my comments from couple of days ago on this thread.


Will you find it at the original price? Doubtful. Here it goes for about double of what it was at launch time.
well yea i meant did it have multiple points of articulation. and i found one for about 8300 yen which translates to about 83 dollars and like 43 euros. and after reading the comments its totally worth it!
thanks! :D

Gun
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:02 pm
Location: Chile

Post by Gun » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:13 am

I insist, it's cheaper in yahoo japan, I posted that a while ago.

User avatar
Batousai
Deckman
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by Batousai » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:01 am

denzacar wrote:
urza wrote:Have you ever seen James Bond?
And you are asking why a Agent needs a vagina and nippels?
Not THAT kind of an agent.

She was more of a terminator than a spy. And even T-X just showed breasts, not nipples.

I am not saying that she is asexual or anything, just that there is a possibility that one or more of her bodies were built without those "options".
Now... being that she can have more than one body, she can have a tentacle-equiped body if she and Figure are into it.
He is a fisherman after all... :P
Umm... I just thought I'd point out one thing...

It's called the Imaginos body for a reason: The body can asume any form she wants, as shown when she grows Damascus blades on her arms.

Basically, if she feels she needs a vagina, or nipples, or whatever, she just needs to imagine herself having those things... Quite simple, eh?
You can die anytime, it is living that takes courage...

User avatar
^Ripper
Site Admin
Posts: 945
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by ^Ripper » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:27 pm

"Basically, if she feels she needs a vagina, or nipples, or whatever, she just needs to imagine herself having those things... Quite simple, eh?"

What any fanboy wants to read :lol:

User avatar
Batousai
Deckman
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by Batousai » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:44 pm

Well, it's not like I want this to turn into a H manga, just thought I'd add a comment to the ongoing (totally crazy) discussion...
You can die anytime, it is living that takes courage...

User avatar
crazyankan
Crazy Editor!
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:30 pm
Location: Tiphares/Sweden

Post by crazyankan » Thu May 22, 2008 12:24 am

Image
Image

Anybody knows more gunnm merchandises?
Image

User avatar
denzacar
Barjack soldier
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Tuzla, BiH

Post by denzacar » Fri May 23, 2008 4:02 pm

crazyankan wrote: Anybody knows more gunnm merchandises?
Well... there is that Damascus blade and some shirts, but none of those are official as far as I know.

Image
Image
But look around you ...
Death and Light are everywhere, always, and they begin, end, strive,
attend, into and upon the Dream of the Nameless that is the world,
burning words within Samsara, perhaps to create a thing of beauty.

kvhokuto
Deckman
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:18 am

Post by kvhokuto » Sun May 25, 2008 11:32 am

Don't know if it's official.
Image

Post Reply