Saw the trailer in the theater today

Your thoughts on the BAA universe. Anything can be posted here.

Moderator: crazyankan

jjaquinta

Saw the trailer in the theater today

Postby jjaquinta » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Took the family to The Last Jedi today, and, delight of delights, the Alita trailer was one of the ones they showed! It was awesome to see it on the big screen. You could hear my daughter and I cheering across the whole theater.

Anyway, it looked good on the big screen. I thought it looked a lot better than all the other trailers that played. The new Avengers movie looked too overwrought. There was another one about mobile cities attacking each other that looked all-CGI and no-humanity. A Wrinke In Time is the only thing that came in any way close.

So, in context, I'm pretty happy and hope that, if nothing else, we get some good merchandising out a a popular cinematic release.

Pablolein
Deckman

Re: Saw the trailer in the theater today

Postby Pablolein » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:38 pm

Awesome! As almost everyone here, I'm very doubtful about the movie, but I admit I'd love to watch the trailer in the theater. Maybe we'll be seeing Star Wars this week or the next one, so I hope we get to see it.
What do we desire of life in this world?
What do we desire?
What do we have to show for ourselves?
We accomplish nothing if we fear failure.
If only we could be
stronger...

Cahir

Postby Cahir » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:42 am

Good to hear. When I was in cinema for The Last Jedi, they only showed trailers of some random movies and Jumanji 2 :|
At least TLJ was cool.

Silvery

Postby Silvery » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:13 pm

jjaquinta wrote:There was another one about mobile cities attacking each other that looked all-CGI and no-humanity.

No idea how the movie will turn out (I have my doubts, since Hester - the woman in the trailer and one of two main characters - is shown as being way less disfigured than she is in the books, and it *is* an important aspect of her character), but the Mortal Engines quartet is an awesome read. Borrowing them from a library or picking them up for a couple of bucks should be easy.

The basics: this is distant future (I guess it could be called post-apo steam- or dieselpunk?), where most cities are mobile - and predatory. There are also airships, weird ancient robots and so on, and technology predating the collapse of civilisation is highly sought after, though usually misunderstood. The characters are interesting, and there's no plot armor. Just don't check the Wikipedia article, it's full of huge spoilers.
believing a sign of Zeta~

AR-99
GIB

Postby AR-99 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:17 am

Saw The Last Jedi last Sunday and this was the 1st trailer up.

In other anime related news, Cinemark is pushing the 1/18 premier for Mary and the Witch's Flower, so glad to see that get promoted too.

moooV
Tipharean

Postby moooV » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:13 am

I went to SW imax yesterday and didn't see the trailer - it's lagging behind due to the translation/localization, I guess.

PS.
I've never liked sw at all, but this one was actually quite good - mainly because of the cute big eyed things all over the place and beautiful scenery. It's also made a lot differently from all other sw movies - basically, they've taken away everything I disliked in the series. However, I guess, hardcore fans don't like it, since it's the least sw movie of all sw movies.
ac8dad43d497508fe83d143ee096c252

Dream
GIB

Postby Dream » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:49 am

Putting it near modern Starwars tells it all. Nail on the coffin as far as I'm concerned.