So... Who's the *#!!*@\ is Yoko's momma?

Your thoughts on the BAA universe. Anything can be posted here.

Moderator: crazyankan

MrFaber
GIB

So... Who's the *#!!*@\ is Yoko's momma?

Postby MrFaber » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Com'on guys! Hopefully so close to the truth about Gally's birth... No speculation at all??

Is she a maske tumor then? Damn, she looked so identical to Kagura.
Is she random no-one's daugher like Rey from Star Wars?
Did i have a daughter on Mars and no one told me?

Any idea?

jjaquinta
Deckman

Re: So... Who's the *#!!*@\ is Yoko's momma?

Postby jjaquinta » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:44 pm

(I think people aren't speculating because "we'll know in a week or two".)

I thought the whole Alita - Princess of Mars thing was cool, but didn't ring true. If it was, then she would be the one to bring an end to War on Mars and free the planet from being a pawn between Venus and Jupiter. A cool arc, but it just doesn't feel right. Alita is kind of already an underground agent for the big AIs. Kind of, herself, a pawn between the super powers. Just not who everything thinks are the super powers.

So I would not be terribly surprised if Alita is not one of Kagura's maske tumors. My money is that there's some connection to Nollin. That's a massive plot enigma just hanging there. Muster was all about his sister; finding her, saving her, or anything to do with her. To such an intensity that you wouldn't think he would "just forget" about her. So I think that thread is due to come back in some major way. And if it came back in a Yoko's Mother sort of way, that would also justify why we've had this huge digression and focus on Muster and everything he's all about.

Of course, I wouldn't put it past them to "Alita's mother is... is..." BOOM. Something happens, blows up, or otherwise silences the revelation and we're left to ponder for longer...

00_unit
GIB

Postby 00_unit » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:25 pm

jjaquinta wrote:(I think people aren't speculating because "we'll know in a week or two".)

I thought the whole Alita - Princess of Mars thing was cool, but didn't ring true. If it was, then she would be the one to bring an end to War on Mars and free the planet from being a pawn between Venus and Jupiter. A cool arc, but it just doesn't feel right. Alita is kind of already an underground agent for the big AIs. Kind of, herself, a pawn between the super powers. Just not who everything thinks are the super powers.

So I would not be terribly surprised if Alita is not one of Kagura's maske tumors. My money is that there's some connection to Nollin. That's a massive plot enigma just hanging there. Muster was all about his sister; finding her, saving her, or anything to do with her. To such an intensity that you wouldn't think he would "just forget" about her. So I think that thread is due to come back in some major way. And if it came back in a Yoko's Mother sort of way, that would also justify why we've had this huge digression and focus on Muster and everything he's all about.

Of course, I wouldn't put it past them to "Alita's mother is... is..." BOOM. Something happens, blows up, or otherwise silences the revelation and we're left to ponder for longer...

'
But the end of chapter said they will finally reveal the truth about Yoko's birth at the next chapter, so I don't think they will delay this plot point any further. Also Muster plan seems likely to broadcast himself getting tortured by a deformed kagura, just a possibility though

schachtbau

Postby schachtbau » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Yoko is a Maske tumor 100%, thing is she was cut off of
Spoiler:
Nollin

Piijii

Postby Piijii » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:32 pm

schachtbau wrote:Yoko is a Maske tumor 100%, thing is she was cut off of
Spoiler:
Nollin

I agree. She's the only other possibility for being Yoko's mother.. donor.. thing. What I find interesting though is that even though she's a Maske tumor transplanted into her own body, she apparently doesn't suffer from the affliction in the slightest. I mean, yeah, bullshit future super science created the Maske Tumor disease, syndrome, whatever you want to call it. But I figure the cause (nanotech devices maybe?) must have been implanted within the bodies of the infected immediately on exposure, because it doesn't seem to have an organic cause (i.e. virus, bacteria, parasite, prion, or fungus).

MrFaber
GIB

Postby MrFaber » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:28 am

There is another possibility. Yoko is, indeed, Kagura's maske tumor, but Kagura, somehow, is not Dornburg and, somehow, Muster found out. Could be that nor Kagura, nor her supporters knew that. Yet, how could she have been put in charge in the first place? Maybe there was no issue with her identity and no one proceeded with a dna test? Or maybe they did, result was negative and covered, and that's how Muster found out?

kamugin
Tipharean

Postby kamugin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:33 am

MrFaber wrote:Com'on guys! Hopefully so close to the truth about Gally's birth... No speculation at all??

That is because we already speculated about that (to exhaustion) since the origin of Muster and Kagura's first appearance were shown. When was that? Three years ago? More? I can't even remember. Since then this subject pops up from time to time. People are just tired by now and once it is revealed, this issue will be settled and buried (I truly hope). I keep my first hypothesis: Yoko is a mix of Kagura's and Nollin's DNA. Nothing more to say, doesn't worth the trouble... yet, once again, I couldn't help participating in such a boring topic, sigh...

jjaquinta
Deckman

Postby jjaquinta » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:58 am

MrFaber wrote:Kagura, somehow, is not Dornburg

The thing is, right before Alita's DNA test failed to show she was a Dornburg, they tested Kagura and got a positive. So for this to be true he had to fake that test. And if he faked that test, he could also have faked Alita's test. If we accept that he could have faked tests, then Alita could be a Dornburg as easily as Kagura could not.

At this stage, things are twisted enough I'm going to assume the tests were not faked. It just seems to baroque a test.

A less baroque twist that hasn't been discussed is that we're all assuming that Alita's "mother" is female. If she's a tumor, then anyone with tumors could have had them extracted. Her "mother" could be Muster's father, for example. Or even Muster himself.

schachtbau

Postby schachtbau » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:35 am

A less baroque twist that hasn't been discussed is that we're all assuming that Alita's "mother" is female. If she's a tumor, then anyone with tumors could have had them extracted. Her "mother" could be Muster's father, for example. Or even Muster himself.

That's a very fun idea. Remember "Alita is a boys name". Though I think thats too complicated to add into the mix at this point I think. It'll just be Nollin and done.

00_unit
GIB

Postby 00_unit » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:50 pm

MrFaber wrote:Com'on guys! Hopefully so close to the truth about Gally's birth... No speculation at all??

Is she a maske tumor then? Damn, she looked so identical to Kagura.
Is she random no-one's daugher like Rey from Star Wars?
Did i have a daughter on Mars and no one told me?

Any idea?

I hope it's not the no one's daughter plot twist as that is just a bad subversion. Plot twist can be very good like metal gear solid 3, still one of the greatest plot twist I seen in fiction. I assume the reveal won't be as good as that, but still interested maybe it would use the les enfant terribles plot point somewhere down the line in mgs, but i think the next chapter is actually going to arrive in 28/8 and not 9/11 [since evening #18 arrives at 28/8 and issue 19 is 9/11]

00_unit
GIB

Postby 00_unit » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:53 pm

kamugin wrote:

That is because we already speculated about that (to exhaustion) since the origin of Muster and Kagura's first appearance were shown. When was that? Three years ago? More? I can't even remember. Since then this subject pops up from time to time. People are just tired by now and once it is revealed, this issue will be settled and buried (I truly hope). I keep my first hypothesis: Yoko is a mix of Kagura's and Nollin's DNA. Nothing more to say, doesn't worth the trouble... yet, once again, I couldn't help participating in such a boring topic, sigh...

the slow release for this series does lower our enthusiasm and participation in engaging conversation, as the series needs faster release dates as the plot will hasten as well.[also the series now release 5 chapters in a volume which I don't like personally but at least they lower the price for that]

litchi master
Barjack soldier

Postby litchi master » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:57 am

well knowing Kishiro it cannot be something as simple as trying to pass off norin's daughter as kagura's clone.
I have two hypotheses
1 somehow, norin may have been immune to the maske tumor infection, so they decided to use her. norin's womb was used as a matrix to cultivate an embryo made out of maske tumour tissue.
During the pregnancy, dna exchanges happened through the umbilical cord which altered both yoko's and norin's dna. Norin ended up being infected from the inside and the embryo was viable though only with the support of machines hence the fact that she had a cyborg body.

2 Basically the same as the first hypothesis but Norin may already have been pregnant and the maske tumor embryo ended up fusing with the preexisting embryo thus creating a chimera https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(genetics)
a being with two different sets of dna. Hence the failed dna test to prove she's related to Kagura.
As for Norin: she may not have survived the delivery (the scientist couldn't careless about her and let her die)or she was contaminated through fluid exchanges,or she went insane and committed suicide. Take your pick.
I think this is the most plausible, as Kishiro may mislead the reader to think that Yoko had a normal birth, only to reveal later that she is indeed a maske tumour.
it is the solution that brings Alita the most pathos too: she is a a genetic abomination, born of unholy manipulations, who ended up killing her mother. Furthermore she was engineered to save the life of a sadistic tyrant, but the endeavor proved unsuccessful, as her DNA did not match Kagura's. She is a failure as her whole existence is useless, and many people have died in vain for her to exist.
Et le coureur à bout de force ... fut accuelli par une tempête de tollés!!!

Martin
Barjack soldier

Postby Martin » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:10 am

I think the Maske Tumors are going to be a bio weapon research fail...clone soldier brains or something. Need to find Desty's history lesson regarding the Brain Bio Chips as they might be competing tech....lab grown brains vs. Brain Bio Chips.

I hope Alita is Kagura's progeny, just because it is more poetic that she be the Princess of Mars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Princess_of_Mars

Referencing that feels like YK all day.

Caboclo Guerreiro

Postby Caboclo Guerreiro » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:59 pm

couldn't it be Zoey?