Who is Dasein?

Your thoughts on the BAA universe. Anything can be posted here.

Moderator: crazyankan

therealmaxx

Who is Dasein?

Post by therealmaxx » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:44 pm

Question for core fans. Who do you think Dasein is??
Perhaps a resurrected Baron Muster?, another Mercury embassador? The 4th product of the G.EN.E. Project? Zappa Terracota or Alef Argento? The Absurde??

MrFaber
GIB

Re: Who is Dasein?

Post by MrFaber » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:33 pm

There is no element to speculate so far. Probably it's someone we heard of. A new villain out of nowhere who's a mastermind behind everything that happened so far would be anti-climatic and it's seems a bit cheap for a great storyteller like Kishiro.

Zappa Terracotta (alias Plow Pottery) seem a bit green to be someone so relevant. It must be someone from at least 220 years before current era.

Baron Muster gained what he wanted. To close the circle of vengence. By an asian point of view, as far as i understand the matter, the story arc was a full karmik circle. Kagura turned a good man into a monster with her evil deeds, the monster came back as a vengefull spirit and found peace punishing her evil deeds and making ammend for his own. Kagura, we can presume, found peace in her punishment. I think that's what it meant when the two skelton where found embraced. A portrait of final forgiveness.

The 4th genius? Maybe. But i think it would be too recent as well.

We'll see.

In a couple of years, but we'll see.

00_unit
GIB

Post by 00_unit » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:33 am

The one thing I don't want Dasein to be is Gelda, seeing little bits of her I grown very fond of her, my guess and this is just speculation that Dasein is probably tiger sauer since the necrosoldier are mostly kunstler and he pretty is the leader of all the kunstler given he founded panzer kunst and grunthal it's a possibility.

Another possibility is that dasein is schneider one of the five students of sauer actually.

Bonus comment I think Gelda fate was that she probably got killed by Erica and that's why Yoko wants to kill Erica committing such an unforgivable act, if that was the case I wouldn't like that route so please let me be wrong.

litchi master
Barjack soldier

Post by litchi master » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:31 pm

I can only see one possibility: the priestess. (priesterin)

She was already there 200 years before so she could have made the necro soldiers. She now occupies a place of power and we may infer that she may well have resources to fund a private militia. She seems to enjoy a neutral status as her role is to ensure that the baldachin keeps protecting Mars, so no faction will risk her wrath as others would instantly turn on them. Such a position could very well serve as a stepping stone to become regent if the royal family ceased to exist, as she seems to have no personal agenda, but the well-being of Mars, thus she may be widely accepted.
We don't know her motivations but one thing is sure: she resents humans and her character is wrapped in mystery:
What are these priestesses? How does she know Nova? Why does she help Alita? Why did Kishiro choose to keep this character?

As for the last question I think it is to balance Erica's hostility, she acts as the other character from Alita's past who is not hellbent on killing her. So Alita will tend to be more trusting towards her, while in fact the priesterin may well be steering her to achieve her own goals.
Et le coureur à bout de force ... fut accuelli par une tempête de tollés!!!

00_unit
GIB

Post by 00_unit » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:45 am

litchi master wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:31 pm
I can only see one possibility: the priestess. (priesterin)

She was already there 200 years before so she could have made the necro soldiers. She now occupies a place of power and we may infer that she may well have resources to fund a private militia. She seems to enjoy a neutral status as her role is to ensure that the baldachin keeps protecting Mars, so no faction will risk her wrath as others would instantly turn on them. Such a position could very well serve as a stepping stone to become regent if the royal family ceased to exist, as she seems to have no personal agenda, but the well-being of Mars, thus she may be widely accepted.
We don't know her motivations but one thing is sure: she resents humans and her character is wrapped in mystery:
What are these priestesses? How does she know Nova? Why does she help Alita? Why did Kishiro choose to keep this character?

As for the last question I think it is to balance Erica's hostility, she acts as the other character from Alita's past who is not hellbent on killing her. So Alita will tend to be more trusting towards her, while in fact the priesterin may well be steering her to achieve her own goals.
well she helped Yoko, because she is meant to be the 13th orakel (oracle), according to her surperior, also she is a gartner not a priesterin that is her superior actually. It is been 5 years and we still don't know what the heck an orakel is meant to be.

litchi master
Barjack soldier

Post by litchi master » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:54 pm

You are right, 200 years before she was a gartner but now she has become priesterin. maybe she has always had the ambition to rule Mars, or to end wars. As other nations use Mars as a battlefield to make their wars by proxy, this might be her motive to become Dasein, so that no more of her comrades have to become part of the network to repair the damage of the never ending wars.
two other things
1Yoko and Erica are kids when they first meet, so she may have accessed a higher position by the time they had become full fledged kunstlers.
2 another motive she might have, would be fighting her own destiny, she doesn't want to become part of the baldachin and disappear so she will do anything in order not to become part of it. Moreover seeing Alita being back from the dead, whereas she was supposed to have died after the Tragedy of Camlann, may have prompted her into action.
All these years she thought the oracle was wrong, and here comes Alita who seems to have overcome impossible odds to fulfill the prophecy(insert generic prophecy here "she will be the one to bring the peace back to mars) must have shown her she wasn't in control, thus she may try to eliminate her.

Two other prime suspects would be Kagura, you least expect a villain when you think they are dead. But that seems farfetched.
Another suspect would be Zoe, continuing Muster's legacy. But even though I can picture her coming back, I cannot see her as the main antagonist.
Et le coureur à bout de force ... fut accuelli par une tempête de tollés!!!

Martin
Barjack soldier

Post by Martin » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:04 am

I think Veres overtook Mbadi and he is the big hidden baddy. It is a huge Universe but YK like Figure to bump into Sechs, Ido, Koyomi(twice), ... YK is
ok with lots of coincidence.

Maybe Veres drove Mbadi like a peacekeeper mind implant or something. Otherwise we don't get a lot of Mbadi going bad back story. He was a Saint then at least a hundred years ago he battled the righteous Weasel.

We've also never seen the Speaker mouth Panzer Kunst guy since the original series.