Why is BAALO Vol. 15 worth over $200?

Your thoughts on the BAA universe. Anything can be posted here.

Moderator: crazyankan

Post Reply
User avatar
sater
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:46 pm
Location: New Windsor, NY
Contact:

Why is BAALO Vol. 15 worth over $200?

Post by sater » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:51 am

Cant seem to find this book for under that price. Very frustrating when youre trying to complete the collection.
Image

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Why is BAALO Vol. 15 worth over $200?

Post by Sergio Nova » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:22 pm

I've just checked that and, yes! The prices are pornographic!
Worst of all is that Kodansha's omnibus editions are not exactly the ones a collector would require.

User avatar
00_unit
GIB
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Why is BAALO Vol. 15 worth over $200?

Post by 00_unit » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Because volume 15 have stopped printing and people can take advantage for those who wants the volume, kind of become a collector's item now (since it was formerly published by shueisha). The only way to read volume 15 contents is to buy volume 5 omnibus

scredesign
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:39 am

Re: Why is BAALO Vol. 15 worth over $200?

Post by scredesign » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:56 am

All the VIZ volumes has gone out of print. what's special about the volume 15 is that the print numbers are extremely low compared to the other viz volumes, as it was printed just as they switched publishers and the new publishers never did a reprint of volume 15 instead the included it later in the omnibus vol 5.

Im pretty gratefull that i got the viz volume 15 makes my collection look nice. http://i.imgur.com/F9A6wRk.jpg
All of the Battle Angle Alite volumes except volume 2 is first edition reprints. And as for the Last order series all are first edition prints except for vol 1 and 2. Man i should really hunt down the first edition prints of them.

and now im just waiting for some proper releases of Mars Chronicles.

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Why is BAALO Vol. 15 worth over $200?

Post by Sergio Nova » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:30 pm

scredesign wrote:and now im just waiting for some proper releases of Mars Chronicles.
Will that happen one day?

User avatar
00_unit
GIB
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Why is BAALO Vol. 15 worth over $200?

Post by 00_unit » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:56 pm

Sergio Nova wrote:
scredesign wrote:and now im just waiting for some proper releases of Mars Chronicles.
Will that happen one day?
Maybe if the battle angel alita movie coming out next year can make the series more popular. Also we should get a re release of the first battle angel alita series as well while we are at it as they reprinted them in Japan already.

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Why is BAALO Vol. 15 worth over $200?

Post by Sergio Nova » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:06 am

I dare say Kodansha USA's behavior does not make sense. The series has always sold well, to start with. Actually, this post has been commenting exactly that: Viz would make different printings, once each number would sell along the time, and LO17 did not have printings enough, and then became rarity, as Kodansha USA simply ignored the need of new printings. The fact that there is a film coming is no reason to block the release of the new arc.Actually, it is the opposite. They could sell the books for an already existing readership, and later print more to the newcomers, as well - simply that.

In short, either Kodansha USA's marketing dept is inhabited by geniuses who are too advanced for my understanding or they are completely idiot. You choose.

Novel Kars
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Re: Why is BAALO Vol. 15 worth over $200?

Post by Novel Kars » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:56 am

Sergio Nova wrote:I dare say Kodansha USA's behavior does not make sense. The series has always sold well, to start with. Actually, this post has been commenting exactly that: Viz would make different printings, once each number would sell along the time, and LO17 did not have printings enough, and then became rarity, as Kodansha USA simply ignored the need of new printings. The fact that there is a film coming is no reason to block the release of the new arc.Actually, it is the opposite. They could sell the books for an already existing readership, and later print more to the newcomers, as well - simply that.

In short, either Kodansha USA's marketing dept is inhabited by geniuses who are too advanced for my understanding or they are completely idiot. You choose.
Nah man they are super geniuses. They are involved with the Bogdanoff twins and plan to converge the entire space-time continuum by taking shitty business decisions. It's all gonna fall into place eventually./s

Martin
Barjack soldier
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:11 am

Re: Why is BAALO Vol. 15 worth over $200?

Post by Martin » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:38 am

Once a movie starts to really happen, American comic shops tend to go for very high hopes on the merch.

Post Reply