Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Your thoughts on the BAA universe. Anything can be posted here.

Moderator: crazyankan

User avatar
ack44
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:51 am

Post by ack44 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:35 am

Sergio wrote:
ack44 wrote:Ho ho, I guess I was wrong. Japanese wikipedia lies!
What does Japanese Wikipedia say?
 It says the ending is 'replaced' to flow with Last Order.
Image

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Post by Sergio Nova » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:36 pm

ack44 wrote:It says the ending is 'replaced' to flow with Last Order.
Well, I would not say they lie.
Once the last 100 pages are no longer valid, the ending changed, indeed.
The fact is: the original ending was "deleted", new events were developed (even to clarify points that had remained obscure, as for example explaining why Yoko had become such a fatal terrorist) and we are still waiting for the new ending.

If you refer especifically to Angel's Ascension (Conquest), well, page 155 became the last valid page, so it IS a new ending, anyway.

User avatar
ack44
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:51 am

Post by ack44 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 am

Yeah, but there's 'replacement' that I was hoping for. It's trimmed.
Image

User avatar
crazyankan
Crazy Editor!
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:30 pm
Location: Tiphares/Sweden

Post by crazyankan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:51 am

So many dead links. I will try to update everything tomorrow.
Image

sohi
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:51 am

Post by sohi » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:02 am

Was wondering if there are volume raws of 10-12 around?

User avatar
ack44
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:51 am

Post by ack44 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:24 am

Does there happen to be any RAWs of Haisha?
Image

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re:

Post by Sergio Nova » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:26 pm

ack44 wrote:Apparently a DVD comes with one of the volumes too.
The DVD comes with volume 6.
It is the motorbal CG.

http://www.rippersanime.com/Anime.php

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re:

Post by Sergio Nova » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:31 pm

Sergio wrote: I have an idea. The French edition is sensibly cheaper than the Japanese one. Supposing they are the same (our French members can confirm that, I think) we could make a campaign here. In Amazon Canada, each volume costs Can$21.95, totalizing Can$131.70 (or US$110). Thus, if the interested members can send US$15/each to this site, we will soon have the total necessary to pay for the entire collection (freight included). Thus, ^Ripper could order them, make the scanlations, and everyone would be happy.
I am disappointed. No answer at all. :x
It seems that many are interested in having the scans, but no one is interested in participating.
Too comfortable! :evil:

User avatar
ack44
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:51 am

Re: Re:

Post by ack44 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:33 am

Sergio wrote:
ack44 wrote:Apparently a DVD comes with one of the volumes too.
The DVD comes with volume 6.
It is the motorbal CG.

http://www.rippersanime.com/Anime.php
sweeeeet
Image

Trebicyem
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:58 pm

Re:

Post by Trebicyem » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:11 pm

Sergio wrote:Thus, we just have to locate Trebicyem. Perhaps he has the entire French edition scanlated (or knows where to find them).

Meantime, let me ask:
1. Does anyone knows how to contact him?
2. Where did ^Ripper's Anime find the extra stories?

Hi,

It seems like you guys were looking for me. =3
I feel special ._.;

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what you are expecting out of me. I read the thread, but I'm a bit confused. Could you just make a list of what you want.

I do own the 6 "bigger" book of Gunnm in french. This include the extra stories I've done long time ago.

-Trebby

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Re:

Post by Sergio Nova » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Trebicyem wrote:Hi,

It seems like you guys were looking for me. =3
I feel special ._.;

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what you are expecting out of me. I read the thread, but I'm a bit confused. Could you just make a list of what you want.

I do own the 6 "bigger" book of Gunnm in french. This include the extra stories I've done long time ago.

-Trebby
Thanks for your prompt reply.
We are interested in the extra pages available only in Gunnm Complete Edition. The ordinary manga is not necessary, as we have it already (although it would be great if you could confirm exactly the page where the narrative stops (as far as we know, in page 155 of the original volume 9); we also have the extra stories (thanks to you, obviously). In case you can give us the other pages, we will build a virtual statue of yours in the core of ^Ripper's Anime. Actually, I believe that ^Ripper himself and our great guru crazyankan will be present at the inauguration. :D

Trebicyem
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Re:

Post by Trebicyem » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Sergio wrote:
Trebicyem wrote:Hi,

It seems like you guys were looking for me. =3
I feel special ._.;

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what you are expecting out of me. I read the thread, but I'm a bit confused. Could you just make a list of what you want.

I do own the 6 "bigger" book of Gunnm in french. This include the extra stories I've done long time ago.

-Trebby
Thanks for your prompt reply.
We are interested in the extra pages available only in Gunnm Complete Edition. The ordinary manga is not necessary, as we have it already (although it would be great if you could confirm exactly the page where the narrative stops (as far as we know, in page 155 of the original volume 9); we also have the extra stories (thanks to you, obviously). In case you can give us the other pages, we will build a virtual statue of yours in the core of ^Ripper's Anime. Actually, I believe that ^Ripper himself and our great guru crazyankan will be present at the inauguration. :D

;-; I was about to press "Submit" and BOOOOM ! Power shortage at home !! ;-;

So to make it brief:

Special edition, volume 6, page 259, Top corner, Nova is laughing with his face on his chest. He then pick up some parts of Gally's (alita) brain. The next 2 pages are black. Then it's a preview of Gunnm LO. Then it's the back cover.

If you want me to scan anything from my books (Gunnm special edition, total 6 volumes ~ etc~)

Could you:

-Give me your standards, as of: Size, quality/pp, if I flip it or not, etc. Back then in #MD we had a tutorial. It was 4-5 jpg covering the process of scanning and editing mangas. Do you have anything similar or a webpage, with all the details.

-Send me the extras I've done back then. I'd like to see what I've done and what need to be re-done or skipped.

-Put everything together (if the tutorial is not a website), zip/rar it and upload the whole thing on rapidshare/megaupload.

-Send my sympathies to your translator. He's gonna hang him-self once he/she see all the text there is on this artworks. At least there's nothing in volume 6 and only 2 pages in volume 4.

And now I'm out for work
-Trebby

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Re:

Post by Sergio Nova » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Trebicyem wrote: Special edition, volume 6, page 259, Top corner, Nova is laughing with his face on his chest. He then pick up some parts of Gally's (alita) brain. The next 2 pages are black. Then it's a preview of Gunnm LO. Then it's the back cover.
Great! Thus the ending is exactly what we have been speculating. Thanks.

Trebicyem wrote: If you want me to scan anything from my books (Gunnm special edition, total 6 volumes ~ etc~)

Could you:

-Give me your standards, as of: Size, quality/pp, if I flip it or not, etc. Back then in #MD we had a tutorial. It was 4-5 jpg covering the process of scanning and editing mangas. Do you have anything similar or a webpage, with all the details.

-Send me the extras I've done back then. I'd like to see what I've done and what need to be re-done or skipped.

-Put everything together (if the tutorial is not a website), zip/rar it and upload the whole thing on rapidshare/megaupload.
Hey, crazyankan, I have found the man. Would you please inform him? It seems Joseph Smith has heard your prayers. Meantime, tell ^Ripper to convoke the sculptor. :!:

User avatar
crazyankan
Crazy Editor!
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:30 pm
Location: Tiphares/Sweden

Re: Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Post by crazyankan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:21 am

Standard for our releases are 970*1400
Quality 72(but when you scan it. use 300 or more)
We use the Japanese standard. so we read the manga from right to left.
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5686 lots of links for scanning.
And you can do some "image straightening", so the picture don't tend. And cropping, so it's only one page at every jpeg file.
You can leave the cleaning for us :)

You can find our extra stories on "Downloads ---- Manga ---- Extra Story Volume 1,2,3" and some other stuff like Guncyclopedia and Bashaku Ando.

I leave the part which pages that you need to scan to somebody else.

Hopefully, sooner or later. A translator will do this project.

Many thanks for helping us Trebicyem!
Image

User avatar
^Ripper
Site Admin
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Post by ^Ripper » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:39 am

Well first of all thanks for scanning!
Don't rape your copy of BAA!

http://www.franky-house.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491
This gives some nice tutorials about scanning etc.
Like the one from "censored vagina"

Basically try ending up with a vertical resolution of 1400px cleaned.
if you need to resize, use bi-cubic when going from hi-res -> 1400px vertical with perspective 1:1 constraints active.
(Never upscale! As it means your scan resolution was too little)
But its all being covered in them tutorials :)

Save em in png 256-color grayscale or a hi-quality jpeg.
Any color pages in hi-quality jpeg.

If editing is going to take too much of your time, just send us hi-res/hi-quality png's or 100% quality jpegs.
And we'll do the editing for you :)
Saves time :)

zip/rar to mediafire/rapidshare/megaupload will do fine :)

Again thanks for helping out!

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Post by Sergio Nova » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:03 am

crazyankan wrote:Standard for our releases are 970*1400
Quality 72(but when you scan it. use 300 or more)
We use the Japanese standard. so we read the manga from right to left.
Let me just remember that Trebicyem's edition is Glénat's, so it is Western reading.
But the fact is: Eastern or Western, we will finally have it!! :lol:

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Post by Sergio Nova » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:24 am

^Ripper wrote: This gives some nice tutorials about scanning etc.
Like the one from "censored vagina"
Let me ask you: what are you talking about? :?: :roll:

User avatar
crazyankan
Crazy Editor!
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:30 pm
Location: Tiphares/Sweden

Re: Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Post by crazyankan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:36 am

Sergio wrote:
^Ripper wrote: This gives some nice tutorials about scanning etc.
Like the one from "censored vagina"
Let me ask you: what are you talking about? :?: :roll:
My guess is that he talking about a tutorial how to re-drawn a censored vagina.
Can always come in handy if gunnm changes another direction and turns out to a hardcore hentai. :mrgreen:
Image

Feanor
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:07 am

Re: Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Post by Feanor » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Another guess would be that censored vagina is the nick of the guy that wrote the tutorial and it has nothing to do with vaginas at all *gg*

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Post by Sergio Nova » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Please, guys, keep theorizing. I am really appreciating the solutions. :lol:
Meantime, a harcore hentai in a universe crowded with cyborgs? God forbid it!

User avatar
moooV
Tipharean
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Post by moooV » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:39 pm

Why not? A powerdrills installed... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ac8dad43d497508fe83d143ee096c252

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Post by Sergio Nova » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:02 am

Int 29Ah wrote:Why not? A powerdrills installed... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
What? I won't sleep tonight! :shock:

User avatar
moooV
Tipharean
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Post by moooV » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:54 am

Sergio wrote:
Int 29Ah wrote:Why not? A powerdrills installed... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
What? I won't sleep tonight! :shock:
That was a really cruel joke, as I can see. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ac8dad43d497508fe83d143ee096c252

Trebicyem
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Post by Trebicyem » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:47 pm

ETA = YAY !!

Hello guys,

I was quite busy lately, but I manage to squeeze some time and scan my 1st book.

It seems that my scanner do not want to work with my original driver-cd. So I had to download a new version and make some tests. Anyway, it's working now. Not as good as it used to be, but it still work.

I can do a semi-batch scanning process. What I mean is, I used to be able to pre-set my scanner and scan at predetermined settings in batch. So I had to press ENTER whenever I was ready to scan the next page. Now I can't... well I can but I have to press more than ENTER.. but I can't pre-set my scanner... XD It's bullshit.

So, the 1st page is scanned at 300 res, no cropping done. I think you can still see my arms. The rest is all scanned at 150. No cropping done either. See how it is, tell me if you want some adjustment, I'll see what I can do.

One more thing you need to know: the files's names are right. Scan0001 is page1, Scan0002 is page 2, etc..
The pages numbers are wrong. Glénat flipped the original images for this book. So you have to read from left to right, but I don't know what they have done about the pages numbers for the artbook section, it's fucked. So it read 1-3-2-5-4-7-6-9-8-11-10...etc even though the pages are in the correct order.

I'm uploading the whole thing at the moment. It's a matter of minutes =D

Trebicyem
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Raws thread BAA+BAA LO

Post by Trebicyem » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Gunnm Complete Version Artbook part1 (RAW):

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b384 ... f6e8ebb871

Enjoy!

Post Reply