GLO 85

Your thoughts on the BAA universe. Anything can be posted here.

Moderator: crazyankan

Hramm
Deckman

GLO 85

Post by Hramm » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Before phase 84 raw ^^'

Yuffie

Post by Yuffie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:13 pm

Yeeees another teaser, just what I've been waiting for /sarcasm end
would be great if there was an actual raw accompanying that, though :roll:
God did not create Man in his own image, it was Man who created God in his own image
since the creation of the internet, the rotation of the earth has mainly been fuelled by English-teachers turning in their graves

Twitchywrote
GIB

Post by Twitchywrote » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Yuffie wrote:Yeeees another teaser, just what I've been waiting for /sarcasm end
would be great if there was an actual raw accompanying that, though :roll:
I think every time we mention the raw not being out yet, its release gets pushed back another day. I have embraced a zen-patience...I hope it is rewarded. :)

Sergio Nova
Künstler

Post by Sergio Nova » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:18 pm

That is simply ridiculous.
We are told about phase 85, but cannot find phase 84?

Dharko
Barjack soldier

Post by Dharko » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:47 am

it was seen come...

DowJones

Post by DowJones » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:34 am

flower coming out of the middle of her chest...i'm guessing she's not really a robot....but a big venus flytrap!!! :P

Shoichi

Post by Shoichi » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:27 am

Just finished talkin to friend of mine that's spending the X-mas holiday with the in-laws out in Japan (not really by choice; he's divorcing his wife b/c she is a money hungry b!t@# and her parents that really liked him want to see him one last time!)

He said while he's out there he'd pick up GLO 83 thru 85 for me, plus anything else or new that might come out for it.

And since my Japanese has gone to crap, I'll make him next to my bed and read it to me like a bed time story! :roll: :roll: :roll:

"Now Venture'll send Sampson after the rest of us, and he'll go all sickhouse on our asses.
I LIKE my ass, gentlemen!"
-The Monarch

Yuffie

Post by Yuffie » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:06 am

Shocker of the century:
GLO 85 is out in LQ at raw paradise:
http://www.raw-paradise.com/Ritual/Chapitres/Glo85.zip

yet STILL no 84 to be seen anywhere :shock:
God did not create Man in his own image, it was Man who created God in his own image
since the creation of the internet, the rotation of the earth has mainly been fuelled by English-teachers turning in their graves

BeastSoulEyes
Barjack soldier

Post by BeastSoulEyes » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:37 am

Lame... I really need to read the translation. Seriously, this is really disappointing... This just don't make any sense at all.

Did someone got shocked by Olympe's bust (edit: not burst :P) size on the first picture, what is happening to you master Kishiro, this look too much like the flawed end of the Gunnm, make me wish the Zott end as soon as possible.
Last edited by BeastSoulEyes on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rindain
Deckman

Post by Rindain » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:03 am

So many panels seem right out of the movie The Fountain--flowers sprouting from her chest, Tree of Life inside bubble, etc.

Twitchywrote
GIB

Post by Twitchywrote » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:04 am

Rindain wrote:So many panels seem right out of the movie The Fountain--flowers sprouting from her chest, Tree of Life inside bubble, etc.
Even if I don't know what's going on in that, I'll take whatever Kishiro's doing over the Fountain 8 days a week. :)

Twitchywrote
GIB

Post by Twitchywrote » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:19 am

BeastSoulEyes wrote:Lame... I really need to read the translation. Seriously, this is really disappointing... This just don't make any sense at all.

Did someone got shocked by Olympe's burst size on the first picture, what is happening to you master Kishiro, this look too much like the flawed end of the Gunnm, make me wish the Zott end as soon as possible.
Can't please everyone. Hell, I loved it. I'm so horribly biased, though. :)

CharyOdd
Deckman

Post by CharyOdd » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:11 am

zekka looks sooo cool...

but it looks soooo .. STRANGE without chapter 84.. i have holes in my head ..
Art of making photos is mesured by spended time in photoshop. More means WORSE..

Dream
GIB

Post by Dream » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:46 pm

So apparently this fight was a joke for Zekka after all. I'm kinda disapointed, I really wanted Ygrec to be a challenging opponent.
I wonder where is the rest of the team, though.
And Zazy at the end... I'm not sure to even understand what's happening.

wowylied

Post by wowylied » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:55 pm

It seems that she use the Hertz Haeon.

Indicible

Post by Indicible » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Could it be she is having the same seizures as Jashugan?
Anyway, she had something important to tell Gally (Alita for English or American readers).

And yes, Kishiro is playing mindgames with us.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

othergrunty
Deckman

Post by othergrunty » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:35 pm

wowylied wrote:It seems that she use the Hertz Haeon.
Yes it is, Zazzi already said that with the downfall of the Panzer Kunst school the basic moves being spread around the solar system (the full style seems to have got lost though).

Also this fits what she said when she showed this sickness for the first time. When firing ECM shells to cover Sechs she mentiod that her eyes and hands won't controll her anymore.

Wow this fight is also finaly over, so it seems we will get a small arc about Zazzies diseas before the last of the 2 remaining fights starts.
God am i happy this one is over.
Those Venuisians are creepy as hell. The whole society reminds me to the last human from one of the newer Doctoro Who episodes, who after countless youth cures was nothing more than a face on a wall.

By the way even without chapter 84 it's pretty clear that the small ugly creautur who kills the girl was the gene designer in his true form.
Kind of a deserved end to get eaten by his own nightmarish creations.

To bad there is still a whole planet of these people left. Against them even the Jupiter people appear loveable. Makes you kind of wish Gallys accident before being thrown into the atmosphere would have worked better.

BeastSoulEyes
Barjack soldier

Post by BeastSoulEyes » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:14 pm

At least Kishiro made a good job showing the ugliness of nature and the natural order, with the geno-designer being finally eaten by what he has created) but in the same time showing the beauty of nature (with the beautiful tree).

What I still don't get, is Zekka a god to make a fucking tree out of a Venusian monster? The Zekka I had in mind would have destroyed the whole mess the thing was with a big punch...

imo Zekka look emo now...

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:32 pm

Total.Fucking.Let Down.
This is got to be one of the weakest chapters so far , there was practically no fighting at all , just boring lame ass dialogue .
Still what happened to Toji did he really get his ass kicked hard ?
What about the armour piercing karate master ?
Also why?... Why did it have to end like this? Where's the mindless violence, i was really in the mood for deranged bio-punk violence , i'm really into organic stuff in fiction & you don't come across this stuff very often in fiction , i was expecting organic weaponry that would make berserker cells look tame , since tissues & nanotechnology seem to go well hand in hand.
Honestly how do the Venusians have the guts go to call themselves a superpower ? This was pathetic the plant body had so much potential in it i don't even know where to begin with it ...
If chapter 84 ain't gonna come out soon (since 85 for fuck's sake came before it ) with some damn good violence (60 pages or so should make up for this disaster ) i'll feel like quiting B.A. for a while since from now on the next phases will be nothing but dialogue , dialogue i wont understand ...[/quote]

Twitchywrote
GIB

Post by Twitchywrote » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:35 pm

SomeGuy wrote:Total.Fucking.Let Down.
This is got to be one of the weakest chapters so far , there was practically no fighting at all , just boring lame ass dialogue .
Still what happened to Toji did he really get his ass kicked hard ?
What about the armour piercing karate master ?
Also why?... Why did it have to end like this? Where's the mindless violence, i was really in the mood for deranged bio-punk violence , i'm really into organic stuff in fiction & you don't come across this stuff very often in fiction , i was expecting organic weaponry that would make berserker cells look tame , since tissues & nanotechnology seem to go well hand in hand.
Honestly how do the Venusians have the guts go to call themselves a superpower ? This was pathetic the plant body had so much potential in it i don't even know where to begin with it ...
If chapter 84 ain't gonna come out soon (since 85 for fuck's sake came before it ) with some damn good violence (60 pages or so should make up for this disaster ) i'll feel like quiting B.A. for a while since from now on the next phases will be nothing but dialogue , dialogue i wont understand ...
[/quote]

This is the lamest argument for ANYTHING I have ever read. I hope you do feel like 'quiting,' because everyone's reaction to EVERY GODDAMN CHAPTER IS THE SAME. If you don't like it, STOP READING IT.

Or, even, if you're somehow disappointed that every chapter isn't mindless violence (because that's not always what Kishiro's about), might I suggest, I don't know, another manga?

Look, I'm sorry, everyone, I am. I'm on edge because every chapter that comes out, someone not only doesn't like it, they call it a "colossal letdown, pathetic, severely disappointing"...am I really the only one who still genuinely loves everything Kishiro does, because it has always paid off for me in the end?

I don't know, I'm starting to sound like a martyr or something here, but it's just so...frustrating.

Sergio Nova
Künstler

Post by Sergio Nova » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:21 pm

Twitchywrote wrote: This is the lamest argument for ANYTHING I have ever read. I hope you do feel like 'quiting,' because everyone's reaction to EVERY GODDAMN CHAPTER IS THE SAME. If you don't like it, STOP READING IT.
I make your words mine. Congratulations.
SomeGuy seems to be a a great appreciator of masters of cinema like Chuck Norris and Steve Seagal, if I make myself clear.

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:43 am

You're sorry for what Twitchy ? Your reply was indeed correct.

Also no one actually "read" this phase , all we did was watch pictures reading would imply some of us having at least some remote idea of how to pronounce the japanese letters .

I'm going to take your advice & refrain from "reading" raws 'till a translation comes out because frankly "reading" raws is worse than reading spoilers , especially now since the next phases will consist of nothing but dialogue .
Imagine what it would be like to "read" the phases where Tzyrk & Alita have that conversation about her past & try to guess what they were saying to each just from the images , it's going to be exactly the same thing with all the raws , so i'm going to sit my ass down & wait for a translation .
Oh & by the way try re-"reading" phase 85 after the 3 chapters of Geoff Darrow's Hard Boiled & you'll understand my reaction much better , fight scenes don't need translations to be understood so from now on i'll refrain from reading things written in "dead tongues".
Every manga has it's ups & downs that don't do much to alter it's genius so when there'll dialogue all just add a "wtf did they just say?" & when there will be a fight i"ll praise it with the enthusiasm of a 12 year old boy who just got his first pubic & proudly punches his dad in the nutsack saying "I'm a man now!". Is that fine with you?
In short i'm tacking a vacation from Gunmm 'till a translation comes out.

Twitchywrote
GIB

Post by Twitchywrote » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:47 am

God, when you put THOUGHT into something it sounds infinitely worse!

Enjoy "tacking" your vacation, then!

Shoichi

Post by Shoichi » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:07 pm

Hey look!
It's snowing!!

...OK, back to squabbling!

"Now Venture'll send Sampson after the rest of us, and he'll go all sickhouse on our asses.
I LIKE my ass, gentlemen!"
-The Monarch

BeastSoulEyes
Barjack soldier

Post by BeastSoulEyes » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:17 pm

I agree with SomeGuy, where is my dear Zekka fighting his clone to death in a flurry of ass kicking...

I just spent a whole afternoon yesterday reading the first volumes of GLO, and I really feel like something has been lost since Zekka appeared and the Zott started to go berserk, but AT LEAST the badass attitude of Zekka was something that gave ALOT of flavor to this part of the story, and now that we have such an anticipated match between Zekka and the Venusians freak, nothing mind-blowing happen...
Seriously Twitchy, if you dont see that this part of the story (the Venusian fight) sound, how can I say it..., "fake" (like the end of Gunnm) you are not really appreciating the work of Kishiro (does Olympe boobs need to be that huge O.O), as his fan like most of us here you have to be able to objectively see what is great in his story and what is not so great, remember that we can always write to give him some suggestion.

Just hoping phase 84 got some REAL action.

and yes its snowing :D