alita and her romantic//mentality

Your thoughts on the BAA universe. Anything can be posted here.

Moderator: crazyankan

User avatar
vilma21
GIB
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:26 pm
Location: north america

alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by vilma21 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:49 pm

i just reread the whoelseries and relaised in the older books she seamd more child like even thou we know she is not,<wasent>.
like with yugo<hugo> she was very inocent ,gitty and school girl like , i suposse that could be that she truly at that piont had no recalection of her past but still her mentality seam;s so childlike.. also with motor ball as her teen rebel stage,,then her musical stage,, so much like a child giong threw growth,, yet now we know she is a master panzer,, that could be hundreds o years old and had past bf's,, im just wondering if anyone else has ever thought of it??
how dos an already adult grow up ?
its perfect so stark so merciless so plain in its beauty the absolute purity...of the true panzer kunst.

User avatar
moooV
Tipharean
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by moooV » Sun May 24, 2009 7:29 pm

2 Vilma:

1) Please use proper grammar and punctuation, your post is completely unanderstandable. Also, it seems that you're illiterate. How old are you?
2) You're stating the obvious, this topic is pointless. She doesn't grow up, because she's already grown up. She is just re-experiencing existential experience, because of a long-term memory loss.
ac8dad43d497508fe83d143ee096c252

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Sergio Nova » Sun May 24, 2009 9:49 pm

If I have understood it well, vilma21 writes that way because she's eccentric.
Otherwise, how would we explain a native speaker writing like someone from outer space?

User avatar
moooV
Tipharean
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by moooV » Sun May 24, 2009 9:54 pm

This is not a leet speek or some Albanian (figurally) language. Kids use to write like this. Also, sometimes it gives a feeling that a foreigners know English language better than an average american.
ac8dad43d497508fe83d143ee096c252

User avatar
andlgx
Deckman
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:04 pm

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by andlgx » Sun May 24, 2009 10:45 pm

[quote="Int 29Ah"]This is not a leet speek or some Albanian (figurally) language. Kids often write like this. Also, sometimes it gives a feeling that a foreigners know English language better than an average american.[/quote]

That being said, I calculate her/him being around 9-13 years old.
To Sergio: Who said Vilma was a native English speaker? Don't assume that just because of the location.
Also Sergio, you tend to translate your Portuguese/Spanish phrases into English too literally, therefore making your statements incomprehensible and not making sense in the English context.

Staying on topic...wait it's actually a pointless topic.
Bai

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Sergio Nova » Sun May 24, 2009 11:11 pm

andlgx wrote: Also Sergio, you tend to translate your Portuguese/Spanish phrases into English too literally, therefore making your statements incomprehensible and not making sense in the English context.
Really? Do I? Give me an example, please.
BTW, Brazilians do NOT speak Spanish, dear.

User avatar
moooV
Tipharean
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by moooV » Mon May 25, 2009 9:13 am

andlgx wrote:That being said, I calculate her/him being around 9-13 years old.
Whom did you mention by "That being"?

PS. Let's stop this flood.
ac8dad43d497508fe83d143ee096c252

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Sergio Nova » Mon May 25, 2009 10:58 am

Int 29Ah wrote: PS. Let's stop this flood.
Well, I'm still curious. andlgx detected that I translate Portuguese/Spanish too literally into English, and I'm anxious to learn. Besides being proficient in English, he/she also has perfect dominion of Portuguese and Spanish.
You must agree that when such an expert teaches, we are supposed to learn.

User avatar
Dharko
Barjack soldier
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:06 am
Location: Chile
Contact:

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Dharko » Mon May 25, 2009 3:27 pm

Vilma!! What have you done!!??

User avatar
moooV
Tipharean
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by moooV » Mon May 25, 2009 6:52 pm

Dharko wrote:Vilma!! What have you done!!??
This is how a single post can make shit boil. Excellent! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ac8dad43d497508fe83d143ee096c252

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Sergio Nova » Mon May 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Int 29Ah wrote:
Dharko wrote:Vilma!! What have you done!!??
This is how a single post can make shit boil. Excellent! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And I'm still waiting.
Patience is a virtue (Forgive me if such a saying is from Portuguese/Spanish origin, please!). :oops:

User avatar
Cailon
Tipharean
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: germany

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Cailon » Mon May 25, 2009 8:28 pm

back to the topic: It would be a bit of a problem, if Yoko already had a relationship or a lover back then. (if he'd still be alive). Yoko was grown-up after all.

Or what do you say, is this to much of a space-daily-soap for Kishiro to include it into GLO?

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Sergio Nova » Mon May 25, 2009 8:44 pm

Cailon wrote:back to the topic: It would be a bit of a problem, if Yoko already had a relationship or a lover back then. (if he'd still be alive). Yoko was grown-up after all.

Or what do you say, is this to much of a space-daily-soap for Kishiro to include it into GLO?
That's an interesting point!
We don't know if her relationship with Figure Four has surpassed her traumas after Hugo. If she reminds another love, and if he's still alive, how would she react? The fact is that we know too little about her childhood and nothing at all about her adolescence.

User avatar
Cailon
Tipharean
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: germany

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Cailon » Mon May 25, 2009 9:53 pm

Hm, I think she got over the death of Hugo. It has been more than 10 years, hasn't it? Additionally, she has Figure Four now as a mental backup[?].

But the longer I think about it, the more it becomes possible for me that we'll get a third enounter into Alitas love-life. Figure Four is far away and has nearly zero screentime since 13(!) volumes. Its a pity for their relationship (I liked them together ;)). There has to be at least an "Indecent Proposal", to proof their relationship. To proof, that Alita hasn't lost interest in Figure Four yet, that she didn't forget about earth and her "human heart" (I know, she actually has no human heart^^)
BAA was always about feelings, too; and as we know, love is not just a thing for adolescence. It would be logical to see more of that...

User avatar
andlgx
Deckman
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:04 pm

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by andlgx » Tue May 26, 2009 1:17 am

That's an interesting point!
We don't know if her relationship with Figure Four has surpassed her traumas after Hugo. If she reminds another love, and if he's still alive, how would she react? The fact is that we know too little about her childhood and nothing at all about her adolescence.
After (wrong context)
Reminds (wrong context)

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Sergio Nova » Tue May 26, 2009 3:45 am

andlgx wrote: After (wrong context)
Reminds (wrong context)
So I changed "remember" for "remind".
But what is wrong with "after"?
And you have said anything about the "literal translations" from Portuguese and Spanish, languages that you could so promptly identify.
In short, you have nothing to talk about, and your points are too weak.
I simply give up, as you have nothing to say.
This debate is over.

User avatar
andlgx
Deckman
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:04 pm

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by andlgx » Tue May 26, 2009 7:47 am

This debate is over.
Since when did this turn into a debate? there's nothing to debate here. I'm just pointing out the obvious.
I just have to assume that, after your 700 something posts here no one has ever told you about that. Because geez you seem so surprised and offended by my criticism.

Also here,
In short, you have nothing to talk about, and your points are too weak
There,the: "you have nothing to talk about" I'm sure is not what you were trying to express.
But either way, if you can't formulate a more natural/easier to understand English then what can I do.

word of advice: take it easy pal, this is the internet. You don't have to take everything so seriously.

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Sergio Nova » Tue May 26, 2009 11:05 am

Guy, your arrogance is unbelievable.
So you are pointing out the "obvious"? So obvious that you could NOT answer any of the questions I have made. Besides being arrogant, you are too coward to apologize.
At least, one point is true: in a debate people are supposed to defend their points. You just make senseless affirmations and blah, blah, blah.

You needeed four more posts to find an error and had to invent a second one.

Then:
andlgx wrote: Also here,
In short, you have nothing to talk about, and your points are too weak
There,the: "you have nothing to talk about" I'm sure is not what you were trying to express.
But either way, if you can't formulate a more natural/easier to understand English then what can I do.

word of advice: take it easy pal, this is the internet. You don't have to take everything so seriously.
Are you retarded or what? Otherwise, the incapability of understanding English here is only yours.
By the way: ask someone to teach you punctuation. Or do you intend to compete against vilma21?

Don't waste your time writing if you cannot answer anything I've already asked.
Oh! yes! You didn't understand my English. :lol:

User avatar
Dharko
Barjack soldier
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:06 am
Location: Chile
Contact:

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Dharko » Tue May 26, 2009 4:57 pm

I´m agree with Sergio:

"In short, you have nothing to talk about, and your points are too weak".

Y en español:
"En resúmen, no tienes nada de que hablar, y tus argumentos son demasiado débiles".

End.
Fin.

BTW: "BAI" :roll:

User avatar
Cailon
Tipharean
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: germany

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Cailon » Wed May 27, 2009 7:55 pm

[highjacking]
And with slang of berlin: "Jehen se weita, et jibt hier nischt zu sehn."

So, while we're at different cultures and their expressions, I like that. E.g. the english saying "That's not my cup of tea", in Germany we say "Thats not my beer". That's funny, because it shows the chacters of the culture bluntly: England: tea, Germany: beer^^
Or, personally, I find "To hit two birds with one stone" rather brutal, in Germany we say "To hit two flies with one fly flap"
[/highjacking]

User avatar
moooV
Tipharean
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by moooV » Wed May 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Cailon wrote:"To hit two birds with one stone"
In the same fight (Qu Tsang vs rabbits), besides using that phrase, there was used a native Russian saying "Try to persue two hares - you'll catch neither" - I've noticed it even the first time I read it. That's weird. Maybe, this is used in other languages too?
ac8dad43d497508fe83d143ee096c252

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Sergio Nova » Wed May 27, 2009 11:42 pm

Cailon wrote:[highjacking]
So, while we're at different cultures and their expressions, I like that. E.g. the english saying "That's not my cup of tea", in Germany we say "Thats not my beer". That's funny, because it shows the chacters of the culture bluntly: England: tea, Germany: beer^^[/highjacking]
I myself prefer the beer. :D

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Sergio Nova » Thu May 28, 2009 12:46 am

Int 29Ah wrote: In the same fight (Qu Tsang vs rabbits), besides using that phrase, there was used a native Russian saying "Try to persue two hares - you'll catch neither" - I've noticed it even the first time I read it. That's weird. Maybe, this is used in other languages too?
Acording to Collins English Dictionary, it is a British saying.
Thus, we now have to find out who imported from who.

If you run after two hares you will catch neither. [British]
За двумя зайцами погонишься - ни одного не поймаешь. [Russian]

Hey, Int 29Ah, there's probably something wrong in my translation. I haven't spoken/written Russian for centuries (yes, I'm adept of Methuselyzation). I like the language, despite the absence of "to be". :) I had learned that phrase when I was studying, but as hundreds of years have passed…

User avatar
moooV
Tipharean
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by moooV » Thu May 28, 2009 10:38 am

Sergio wrote: If you run after two hares you will catch neither. [British]
За двумя зайцами погонишься - ни одного не поймаешь. [Russian]
Translaton is absolutely correct. :mrgreen:

I've assumed it being multi-cultural because it's used there by a translator, or maybe even in the original thing.

Sergio wrote:yes, I'm adept of Methuselyzation
Me too, I recommend reading some Ray Kurzweil's books then.
They're brilliant. This man takes facts that are accepted by everyone, uses logical methods, which are accepted by everyone on them, and then makes predictions that are argued at by everyone. :mrgreen:
Also, two his movies "Transcendent man" and "Singularity is near" are going to be released soon (this june).
ac8dad43d497508fe83d143ee096c252

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: alita and her romantic//mentality

Post by Sergio Nova » Thu May 28, 2009 11:37 pm

Int 29Ah wrote:I recommend reading some Ray Kurzweil's books then.
They're brilliant. This man takes facts that are accepted by everyone, uses logical methods, which are accepted by everyone on them, and then makes predictions that are argued at by everyone. :mrgreen:
Believe me: I had never heard about him.
I'm certainly going to check.
It's a pleasure to receive recommendations from intelligent people.
Thanks a lot, tovarisch.

Post Reply