Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Your thoughts on the BAA universe. Anything can be posted here.

Moderator: crazyankan

User avatar
DDTL
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:34 pm
Location: Nantes, France

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by DDTL » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Sergio wrote:
DDTL wrote:
heu... French accent, cool ? Well, it sounds perhaps cool, but when you learn French, you don't find the grammar and the conjugation so cool ^^ Believe me, even in France, a lot of French people are not able to speak french correctly (even not fluently), specially the teenagers (and believe me, hearing some french teenagers speaking "french" is simply awful)
Since Plato it is very common for older people to criticize young people. They simply forget that young ones were educated by…
I'm 21 years old :)
Sergio wrote:
DDTL wrote:A lot of people in France seem to think that german is a harsh language, blabla, and spanish is soooooo cool, blabla... F*ck them. At least German is a logical and well structured language (or seems to be, since I do not speak German fluently)
Who said that must be deaf. Spanish speakers are proud to say that their language has only five vowels (phonetically saying). How can a language sound "cool" with only five vowels?

It is true that German is well structured and logical (even because it is the philosophers' preferred language), but the sound is a jab in the ears.
Well, just ask to average french people about spanish... Most of them will say "ooh, Spanish is so much sunny, it sounds like a beautiful song !"
I've just heard that portuguese is more different to spanish than people usually think, and that italian is even closer to spanish than portuguese... Honestly, I don't think I have ever heard portuguese (or I don't remember) :oops:
TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, FUCKING BASTARD!

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Sergio Nova » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:52 pm

DDTL wrote:
I'm 21 years old :)
I see. So, do not act as an prejudicious elder.
DDTL wrote: I've just heard that portuguese is more different to spanish than people usually think, and that italian is even closer to spanish than portuguese... Honestly, I don't think I have ever heard portuguese (or I don't remember) :oops:
1. Well, Portuguese and Spanish have a certain similarity when written, but a language is supposed to be spoken. Thus…
2. No way! If you want to compare that way. remember that Italian is a very sounding language.
3. Just to close: I haven't the slightest idea why people who speak a sounding language like French can consider a language without vowels so "cool". I insist they must be deaf!

[After this, Dharko will order my execution! :mrgreen: ]

User avatar
xieveral
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:55 am

Re: Avatar parody in the South Park

Post by xieveral » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:17 am

I have heard that the future of the BAA film depends on how well Avatar does in theaters. The budget for Avatar was around USD $300 million so he needs to make twice that for him to even consider getting back to Battle Angel.

...considering how awful Avatar is as far as story and plot are concerned (the fact that the horrible blue "furries" are entirely 3-d yet look like actors in costume is amazing however) we may never see it.

User avatar
Cailon
Tipharean
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: germany

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Cailon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:53 pm

Nah, I'd say every language has its appeal. I have to admit that I don't know very many different languages and that I can't tell the difference between e.g. Persian or Arab or between Chinese and Korean or even between Polish and Russian. But that is all a matter of activity with those languages, like I can tell of course Spanish and Italian apart from each other or Japanese and Chinese. I mean in spoken language, I can't read the other writing-systems at all.^^
So, to cut a long story short, I don't know THAT much languages but I believe in a way everyone is nice or funny (funny in a positive way).

What about dialects and accent? I like that! Like I said, the french accent, but e.g. the Indian accent is also very nice. Arab accent can also be good. I dislike japanese speaking english though, from the pieces I heard, it sounds terrible, you don't understand them.
And dialects as well. I don't know if your language has many dialects but in germany we have a whole bunch of them, with the austrian and the swiss-german on top of that. If they're ready to roll, even I don't understand a thing ;)

@Avatar:
Did someone already watch crap-thousandtwelve (2012)? It's the lowest of the low :?
With its end, Avatar could very well be the sequel to 2012^^
Spoiler (highlight to read):
The ships sailing towards Africa, and then they'll unload some nice euro-american weapons like drones and tanks to conquer this "new world". Though there are some uncivilized creatures, living on the wood, armed with bow and arrow, they are no match for us. Eventually, we will paint John Cusack black and make him an "Avatar". That was irony btw.

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Sergio Nova » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:59 am

I have heard about that problem among German dialects, but I have also heard that Arab dialects are by far much more problematic.

As far as I know, Persian and Arab have no relation at all. Anyway, both langauges sound as Neptunian dialects to me.

Languages like Spanish and Portuguese do not have such problems, as far as I know. Brazilians can understand all African or Indian dialects. People from Timor can walk in Brazilian streets without problems. We do have problems with European Portuguese, but, as history says, European Portuguese is completely mutilated.

As to Spanish, as far as I know (I think Dharko can confirm), no matter the country, they are able to understand one another clearly.

User avatar
andlgx
Deckman
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:04 pm

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by andlgx » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:44 am

todays sneak peek (in between house) was amazing

User avatar
Dharko
Barjack soldier
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:06 am
Location: Chile
Contact:

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Dharko » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:00 pm

Sergio wrote: 1. Well, Portuguese and Spanish have a certain similarity when written, but a language is supposed to be spoken. Thus…
2. No way! If you want to compare that way. remember that Italian is a very sounding language.
3. Just to close: I haven't the slightest idea why people who speak a sounding language like French can consider a language without vowels so "cool". I insist they must be deaf!

[After this, Dharko will order my execution! :mrgreen: ]
1. Agree.
2. if You know spanish lang., You can learn easily the portuguese lang. and speak the "Idioma Portuñol" [ups, already exist :!: ].
The spanish and italian lang. maybe sound "so much sunny" because we usually speak quick and flowingly [sometimes You can´t even understand us :P ].
3. Answer: Because Portuguese language is not cool to hear xDDD [the french guillotine falling on you Sergi :twisted: ].
Sergio wrote: As to Spanish, as far as I know (I think Dharko can confirm), no matter the country, they are able to understand one another clearly.
Well, yes, it´s true, spanish is the same for all Latinoamérica.
But:
- if You wanna hear the best spoken spanish, go to Colombia.
- if You wanna hear the worst spoken spanish, go to Argentina, Uruguay, Cuba and centroamérica.
- if You wanna hear the sunniest spoken spanish, go to Venezuela, México
- if You wanna hear the "classic or neutro" spoken spanish, go to the other countries like Chile, Perú, Bolivia or Paraguay.
- Brasil is another history...

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Sergio Nova » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Dharko wrote:- if You wanna hear the "classic or neutro" spoken spanish, go to the other countries like Chile, Perú, Bolivia or Paraguay.
I do not agree. As far as I can understand (and, as you must be aware, we have immigrants from all parts of South America in São Paulo), the Chilean pronunciation is by far much more elegant than Peruvian, Bolivian (for God's sake! What an absurd comparison) or Paraguayan. As to Argentines and Uruguayans, they themselves admit they have corrupted the language (at lest, many of them - the honest ones, I mean - have admitted that).

Well, I read once that Cubans have the best Spanish in America. As I have never met Cubans…

Dharko wrote:Portuguese language is not cool to hear
Liar!! :evil:
Dharko wrote: - Brasil is another history...
Of course! Unless I am mistaken, we are the only lusophones in America.

User avatar
Cailon
Tipharean
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: germany

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Cailon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:02 pm

Sergio wrote:
Dharko wrote:- if You wanna hear the "classic or neutro" spoken spanish, go to the other countries like Chile, Perú, Bolivia or Paraguay.
I do not agree. As far as I can understand (and, as you must be aware, we have immigrants from all parts of South America in São Paulo), the Chilean pronunciation is by far much more elegant than Peruvian, Bolivian (for God's sake! What an absurd comparison) or Paraguayan. As to Argentines and Uruguayans, they themselves admit they have corrupted the language (at lest, many of them - the honest ones, I mean - have admitted that).

Well, I read once that Cubans have the best Spanish in America. As I have never met Cubans…
Nice, very interesting all that. So I take that your countries unlike germany had a central government even in earlier times and this institution said "you will speak like this!". We, even in the Renaissance and onwards, where just a bunch of dukedoms and shires fighting amongst ourselves and it was only coincidentally that we all spoke (nearly) the same language^^ Thats how our dialects emerged - or rather: how they never dissapeared. Because I bet you had dialects as well but "the institution" (government or whatever) appointed an Official Spanish early.


I can't help you with your argument, as I'm not speaking spanish.^^ However a friend of mine is learning the language and he said that the Cuban spanish is very hard to understand, because they live on an island and didn't have so much contact to the rest of the spanish speaking world.
On the other hand, a true Spaniard could say the Cubans have preserved the good old Spanish? Maybe ;)

User avatar
Dharko
Barjack soldier
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:06 am
Location: Chile
Contact:

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Dharko » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:21 am

Sergio wrote:
Well, I read once that Cubans have the best Spanish in America. As I have never met Cubans…
jajajaja who did say that, Fidel? Never trust in what a dictator says :wink:

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Sergio Nova » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:40 am

Dharko wrote: jajajaja who did say that, Fidel? Never trust in what a dictator says :wink:
I would never trust dictators, believe me. When they tell the time, they are usually lying.

Years ago, when preparing some TV programs to be distributed in Latin America, Brazilian producers decided that the programs would be dubbed in Cuba because, besides having the best structure for the job, they also had the best Spanish in the continent. Do you mean it is just an accent for export?

User avatar
Dharko
Barjack soldier
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:06 am
Location: Chile
Contact:

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Dharko » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:16 am

amm... it depends...

If the target of the program was the people of centroamérica and other countries of the north, it´s ok, but south américa always used the mexican or colombian dubbing, they are excellent and very neutral.

Why? because the differences are remarkable:
centro american people use this "annoying" [and not well spoken] replace of the "R" for the "L".
an example:
We say : "Debes comerte todo el almuerzo" [You should eat up the whole lunch]
They say: "Debes comeLte todo el almueLzo" :lol:

ok, they speak like that, but, we don´t :mrgreen:
And in europe and USA usually think all of us speak that bad...

User avatar
BeastSoulEyes
Barjack soldier
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:14 pm
Location: France

Re: Avatar parody in the South Park

Post by BeastSoulEyes » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:45 pm

Another proof that good money cannot buy you a good scenario...

Seriously, after seeing how uninspired Avatar is, I'm really concerned with the BAA movie.
Oh well, hopefully Avatar will fail and James Cameron will go back romantic tragedies... Hopefully.

User avatar
hugin
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by hugin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm deply concernd about the childishness of the movie ,both the art and the plot (Evil greedy warmongrers comes to rape nature and hippe indians are forced to show them the true resolve of nature)

If this rubbs of to the BAA movie i'm going to cry.
And I pray that they'll let the gore blood and brainsplatter stay , the skrapyard is a wicked town.

User avatar
Gallygun
Deckman
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Gallygun » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:37 am

lol, I'm watching the show "Bones" on the Fox network right now. I have NEVER EVER seen so much propaganda for a movie like I have tonight for Avatar! Seriously, it's a show about people who study human remains (bones) to solve crimes, and at least 10-15 minutes have been dedicated to hyping Avatar after 25 minutes!

It's very distracting, the show is halfway over and all I've noticed is three guys trying to get into the first screening. They showed a trailer before the show started (one scene had a really bad frame rate), then they showed it AGAIN, IN the show, with the 3 guys in the show watching it, and these forensic scientists have been shown just glorifying it as "an alternate universe filled with symbolism". They just showed the Avatar "movie line" in the show, with a bunch of people dressed up like the Na'l (whatever they're called).

It is really bad! It's so obvious that Fox is trying to hype the movie, and it's not just a joke in the show. I really hope the frame rate in the film isn't as bad as it was in the first commercial, though. That could cause some really bad aftertastes in movie-goers mouths.

Just thought I would share a laugh with everyone. Try looking up "bones" with "avatar" on YouTube tomorrow.

lol XD

EDIT:

A link to the sypnosis of the episode from the Wall Street Journal.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2009/12/ ... s-episode/
I <3 Zekka
I<3 Sechs
I <3 Alita

User avatar
Gallygun
Deckman
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Gallygun » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:04 am

Uggh, JC is seemingly pushing Battle Angel back AGAIN for this;

http://retaliators.wordpress.com/2009/1 ... ther-film/
“Avatar” is one of the most talked about films of this year. Whether its negative or positive the film is generating a lot of talk. Not just because it looks to be like and epic sci-fi film, but also that James Cameron is directing

On its twitter account Production Weekly tweeted that director James Cameron is developing Sci-Fi Action film for FOX already.

Thanks to Comingsoon for the news:

“Production Weekly twittered an interesting tweet saying, “James Cameron is developing a Shane Salerno-scripted sci-fi action script for Fox, described as an ‘event’ film set in the future.”"

Its assumed that Cameron will be just producing and not directing. People are already jumping to the conclusion that this means that “Avatar” will suck, but who knows, right?

I thought at first that this may be the planned Live-Action Battle Angel Lita adaptation, but I remember Cameron saying he wants to use the tech he used for “Avatar” to make that film. So, that all depends on the performance of “Avatar”.

However, last year there was a announced titled “Doomsday Protocol”, and described as “”an epic sci-fi adventure in the vein of ‘The Seven Samurai’ involving a group of aliens and humans with various abilities who are brought together to save Earth.” So, its possible that its this film.

What do you think?
I'll tell you what I think! This "Doomsday Protocol" sounds horrific! Why is he doing this?! I just want to see Battle Angel!!!
I <3 Zekka
I<3 Sechs
I <3 Alita

User avatar
moooV
Tipharean
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by moooV » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:57 pm

I just want to see Battle Angel!!!
Arrrrgh!!! Another mass consumer! You don't even understand and I don't want to explain it again and again!

I seriously hope that this movie won't be made. EVER.
ac8dad43d497508fe83d143ee096c252

User avatar
DDTL
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:34 pm
Location: Nantes, France

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by DDTL » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Int 29Ah wrote:
I just want to see Battle Angel!!!
Arrrrgh!!! Another mass consumer! You don't even understand and I don't want to explain it again and again!

I seriously hope that this movie won't be made. EVER.
I'm not a "mass consumer" (I hate stupid movies like Transformers and mainstream music and so on) but I want to see the Alita movie. Because I am a fan of the manga. Because I am a fan of James Cameron. Because I trust James Cameron simply because he is, like all of us here, completely fan of BAA (and a Sci-Fi lover in general) and a talented director/writer, so I have no doubt that he will respect the atmosphere and the characters of the manga.
Once again, if we were speaking about Michael Bay or other shitty director (like the guy who has made Dragon Ball Evolution), I would understand, but come on... this is JAMES CAMERON ! At least we can hope good things... ;)
But I will not blind myself with fanatism. If the Alita movie is crappy, be sure that I'll be one of the first to scream my deep frustration, complete disappointment and hatred against James Cameron. :evil: (and the same thing for Avatar, of course)

Well, if you absolutely don't want an Alita movie (and for sure I can understand your point of view) just don't pay attention to it ! Don't go watch it when it will be released... More you will talk about it, even in bad way, more people will be aware of it... ;)

Look : when I have learnt that an "Akira" movie is going to be made, and that the story will be in New New York (instead of Neo Tokyo) and that Kaneda MAY BE interpreted by Leonardo Dicaprio... Well, instead of screaming "NOOOO ! SHIT ! DON'T MAKE THIIIS !", I have just thought "okay, sounds crappy, I'll not spend 8 euros for this !" :lol:
TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, FUCKING BASTARD!

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Sergio Nova » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:04 pm

I have never agreed with Int29Ah (actually, I was told that he was born simply because the other spermatozoa decided to eject him out due to his intransigence), but there is someone here mistaken. James cameron a great director? Would someone able to make eccentricities (and I say that to be polite) like Piranhas be considered a great director? A man able to make blockbusters like Titanic is certainly a great salesman, but I would never consider him an artist.

I am not going to list all his "eccentricities" here (and I have NOT seen all his productions), but I am sincerily afraid of the results. Alita has already failed as an OVA (no one can consider that a good work). In case he destroys Alita, I will sue him at the International Court of Justice in The Hague (and I do not give a damn if the US do not recognize the court). After all, the colletion of his work will be complete as crime against mankind, and the only reasonable punishment is the gibbet.

User avatar
moooV
Tipharean
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by moooV » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:18 pm

It feels like I'll have to explain it once again.

The point of this is not about me and not about JC, I don't doubt his abilities in visual representation. Me watching this movie won't change anything at all also. You don't get the idea! (Or you just don't want to understand it).

The idea is that this movie shouldn't be made at all, no matter WHO is the director or HOW successful (even in our, fan, eyes) it would be! Why I think so? I'll explain it the Nth time:

1) Hands off the masterpiece!
2) 95% (or more) of the population are clinical idiots (if you don't beleive me - look around!)! They're mass consumers. Sadly, my surroundings are MC's too, even their education haven't changed their attitude. These people don't watch movies to get some food for thought, they watch them as a relaxation after work, they don't like template-tearing movies.

I can even give my society circle as an example: most of them really liked Transformers [1,2], they were completely happy to see it! And these people have a university education, they aren't teenagers!

The most recent example - The Watchmen. I really liked this movie and I find it genious, although I'm still ashamed that I haven't read the book - I... I won't lie - I just postpone reading it again and again.

When they've seen The Watchmen, they didn't understand it. These people use to dislike everything they don't understand. Last time I've spoken to them about this movie, they were pouring shit on it with completely NO ARGUMENTS! Their logic is simple "I didn't understand that movie ---> that movie is a complete trash ---> book? what book? I won't read that crap!"
Most of their commentary about this movie was about that it's "an unanderstandable absurd!", "a complete delirium" and "I couldn't even watch that shit for more than 15 minutes!".


Do you expect that GNM fanbase will expand after this movie? NO, IT WON'T!

Don't expect such kind of people to read a book, EVEN IF THEY LIKED THE MOVIE! And if they'll like it, that would mean it's harsh failure in my eyes and in the eyes of the fans. If they'll like the movie, it will mean that the MASTERPIECE IS DESTOYED and the movie is a complete trash!

If they don't like it, they (95% of population roughly) will pour shit onto the movie, the book, the author, the fans! Yes, the movie will be a success and maybe even a masterpiece in our eyes, but at what cost?


Can you understand that ANY outcome, successful movie or not, is bad for the original manga? The only possible way I see is to leave it as it is, without any movie. Furthemore, if you take in the account that JC's aiming for a PG-13 rating... it's a nightmare!


PS.
I trust James Cameron simply because he is, like all of us here, completely fan of BAA
If he's a REAL FAN, he should abort the movie, not destroy the masterpiece!

PSPS.
Every time somebody comes here and shouts "I want the BAA movie!!! I want it no matter what!" I really become something like this:
Image
ac8dad43d497508fe83d143ee096c252

User avatar
DDTL
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:34 pm
Location: Nantes, France

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by DDTL » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:17 pm

@Sergio :
Yes, for me James Cameron is a great director. And a great writer. And since the concept of art is quite subjective, I want to precise that this is, of course, MY point of view (and the point of view of many people...).
You speak about Piranha 2... Well, it was his very first movie, produced by a B-movie king. He had to start with something, right ? And he was fired after two days, because of artistic divergence with the producer. So I don't think that we can speak about Piranha as a 100% James Cameron movie, so it is not a very good example. Sergio, you are certainly a very intelligent person, but you CANNOT judge a director only on his very first movie.
And for me, Terminator 1 and 2 are masterpiece. Atmosphere, actor playing (yes, even Schwarzy is good ! ! !), special effect, story... Everything is here.
Abyss and Aliens are very good movies (but the end of both is quite disappointing)
True Lies is very fun.
Titanic... well, we can not say objectively that a movie which has earn 1,8 billions dollars and 11 Oscars, including The Best Director and The Best Movie, is a completely crappy movie.

Of course this is just MY opinion...

But if you want to recommend me better director/SF-movie than James Cameron's, I am very interested (without irony) to have some names please ;) Have you watch for example "Children Of Men" ?

@Int 29Ah :
Okay, I think I understand. You are afraid about the "stupidity" of the mainstream consumer, these who have spent 8 dollars to watch Transformers ?
The example of Watchmen is very well chosen, because I have really enjoyed this movie and I have bought the comic book and read it again and again and again (and of course the comic book is finally much better than the movie !) But as you have said, most of the people haven't understand the movie...

But contrary to you, I really don't care about the opinion of the 95% of people on the manga. Whatever they like or dislike the movie and want to read or not the manga... Will it change the quality of the manga itself ? So I don't pay attention to it. ;)
TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, FUCKING BASTARD!

User avatar
Sergio Nova
Künstler
Posts: 2890
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: São Paulo or Valles Marineris

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Sergio Nova » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:37 am

All right, let me analize:

Abyss - No, I did NOT like it. It is completely forgetable and waste of time.
Aliens - Well, it seems I am always against everyone, but the fact is that I did like this one. I have to admit that he was intelligent enough to make a film that is completely different from Riddley Scott's masterpiece, not a simple continuation. Thus, any comparison is senseless. That also showed me that he is good to direct action movies. But, anyway, he is not good to direct actors, Sigourney Weaver does not need directors, anyway.
True Lies - Yes, I agree (Swarzenegger is NOT the problem. Actually, it is difficult to believe that someone who starred "Commando" can be such a good actor), it is a good film.

Do NOT mention the Oscar, please! Even Sylvester Stallone was nominated, Kevin Costner won everything with no reason at all (that fake called Dances with Wolves is already forgotten, and Costner has desappeared, simply), Hitchcock never won it, classics like Blade Runner received zero, and the examples are endless.

Terminator - Well, once again, the plot needed strong characters, and strong characters need a great director of ACTORS, not just FX.

The problem is exactly that. Characters like Vilma Fachiri, Victor Byron, Aga Mbadi, Daisuke Ido and even Shumira need be constructed in detail. Thus, a director of characters is required. I would suggest Ridley Scott, for example. Other great expert, Stanley Kubrik, has already informed that he is not available. Robert Rodriguez makes miracles (the guy changes from comedy to tragedy with exceptional talent). But my preferred one would be Jean-Jacques Annaud (the man who knows how to tell a story).

Children of Men? No, I have never heard about ir. I will check imdb and return later.

Oh, yes! You do know how to defend your opinion. Let me just suggest one thing: do not repeat all the time that it is just your opinion. You are reducing yourself. :P
Last edited by Sergio Nova on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gallygun
Deckman
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Gallygun » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:01 am

http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/2 ... Page1.html

Not to ignore everyone, but apparently the new movie from Jim is a remake of "Fantastic Voyage". Boo.

=P

BTW, I thought the movie Alien stunk. I just watched it again (after thinking I liked it) a few months ago, and there was no plot whatsoever!

But I always did like Titanic (the part where everyone is dying is the most interesting part to me, ironically :shock: )

On the subject of Gunnm HFV becoming more or less popular with a movie and possible trilogy, I fear that the latter might happen because the quality of the artwork and story really pick up in the second volume, less so in the first. But, with Watchmen, you must admit it did bring a lot of publicity to it, and boosted the graphic novel sales for quite a while.

I would love to play Gally on a 360 or PS3 as well, as long as she doesn't look or sound as bad as the Avatar games so far!
I <3 Zekka
I<3 Sechs
I <3 Alita

User avatar
DDTL
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:34 pm
Location: Nantes, France

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by DDTL » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:20 am

@Sergio :
Well, we seem mostly to disagree about the point "direction of actor". For me, James Cameron knows how to direct actors... or he is very, very, very lucky with his casting. And as a feminist, he has a particular skill for depicting strong female characters (Sarah Connor, Ripley...). Maybe you should just read/watch the interviews of the actors which have worked with James Cameron, this man is really a perfectionist, sometimes crazy ! All the characters of Terminator 1/2 are very strong for me, especially Sarah Connor (come on Sergio, Sarah Connor ! :shock: ), Kyle Reese, the Terminator, the frightening T-1000... But it isn't the kind of characters you like, maybe ? Because I must admit that they are all quite cliché, but for me it simply works.

I like Ridley Scott, I have seen Blade Runner (the director's cut) recently and I have really enjoyed it ! And I like Gladiator :mrgreen:
I need to watch more Stanley Kubrick, I have only watched 2001, but it was a loooooong time ago, and I was excepting an action-adventure movie like Star Wars (well... I was a child), so I thought "what the fuck is this boring movie ?".
And for Jean Jacques Annaud, I really liked Stalingrad and In the Name of the Rose (I don't know the english title).

Anyway, back to Avatar, the first reviews are falling, and all are very, very positive... Just take a look :
http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/
The french reviews are also very positive for the moment (except one, but the guy just seems to spit his hatred against James Cameron without any argumentation). I'm becoming more and more excited :shock:
TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, FUCKING BASTARD!

User avatar
Gallygun
Deckman
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Avatar Movie Trailer is out.

Post by Gallygun » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:21 am

16:20; James Cameron On BATTLE ANGEL: "I am not even sure that I am going to do that film". And he has no one in mind for casting.
How depressing (and infuriating) that he would drag some of us along for almost 6 years and then drop it ("that" film? Now I am sure he will not do it).

Source;

http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2009/12/e ... talks.html

Now I will not, NOT go see Avatar. I just wanted to see Battle Angel, and I know people here disagree whether or not it should be made, but I really would like to swear right now!!!

He'd BETTER sell the rights so we can see the anime!!! OR SOMETHING!!!

(Don't get me wrong, the manga will always be the best, but I would love to see Alita in color and animated, not the awful OVA, though! Something like FMA).
I <3 Zekka
I<3 Sechs
I <3 Alita

Post Reply