GLO 111 Raw

Your thoughts on the BAA universe. Anything can be posted here.

Moderator: crazyankan

Sergio Nova
Künstler

Re: GLO 111 Raw

Post by Sergio Nova » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Abaddon wrote: If Frau X is not a sadistic character then why she kill one by one the enemy soldiers? she seems to be enough skillfull to just wipe them outl in a second, was really necessary all that brutality? She even toyed with them and Zazie.
NOW you have a point, although I would say she was considering the necessity of killing them. Anyway, she didn't kill Zazie. Only one thing is clear here: she doesn't need a weapon, as she herself is the weapon.

Rindain
Deckman

Post by Rindain » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:26 am

Seems like the story is heading towards a "reboot"? Granted I've not followed the past few chapters too closely, but I think it would be great if the story returns to more human-scale drama and shorter story arcs a'la the original series.

Sam
GIB

Post by Sam » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:31 am

Rindain wrote:Seems like the story is heading towards a "reboot"? Granted I've not followed the past few chapters too closely, but I think it would be great if the story returns to more human-scale drama and shorter story arcs a'la the original series.
I don't think the story is going to reboot, there is just a different path to follow. I do not agree about having a story which is more human scaled as you said, and shorter arcs, we already have this for 9 volumes in the first series! A manga should evolve and go in other direction from time to time. That doesn't mean that's gonna be boring but just different. I kind of like that personnaly. However, if you like AC/DC music then I understand why you say that!!

PS: "à la" must not be followed by "the", it's already in use by "la"...

rems

Post by rems » Thu May 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Released over 1 month ago and still no clean scanlations :(

edit: nvm that realized it takes about 2months for a release to come out X|

HumanRage
Tipharean

Post by HumanRage » Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 pm

and now realize that ranting about it won't make it any faster ;)
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. (Oscar Wilde)
Corporations have no soul to save, and they have no body to incarcerate. (Baron Thurlow)

Sam
GIB

Post by Sam » Fri May 04, 2012 8:59 am

HumanRage wrote:and now realize that ranting about it won't make it any faster ;)
I think you or Lemonlol is saying that everytime someone's asking for the scanlation!

You should write it in the topic title!!

Lemonlol
Barjack soldier

Post by Lemonlol » Fri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Sam wrote:You should write it in the topic title!!
We're not so gullible as to think that it would change anything.

Sam
GIB

Post by Sam » Sat May 05, 2012 10:58 am

We're not so gullible as to think that it would change anything.
Totally true!

NKato

Post by NKato » Wed May 09, 2012 6:39 pm

So, is the lack of a fully translated copy of GLO 111 caused by the fact that Kodansha USA is going to release the books soon, or is it simply laziness/busy people/lack of interest?

If it's lack of interest, that's a bad sign. ;(

Sam
GIB

Post by Sam » Wed May 09, 2012 6:47 pm

So, is the lack of a fully translated copy of GLO 111 caused by the fact that Kodansha USA is going to release the books soon
That must be that! That wasn't the case with Viz but now people are reaaaaally scared of Kodansha.

If you would read the thread for the beginning, it must be said somewhere that usually when few months are in between two chapters, the translation is always "late". Some of our really good translators (no irony here) have something called 'life'. Really?! No kidding?!

Abaddon
Barjack soldier

Post by Abaddon » Wed May 09, 2012 8:06 pm

If you are in a hurry feel free to translate it by yourself.

NKato

Post by NKato » Wed May 09, 2012 9:22 pm

I'm not trying to bash on our resident translators here. If you hadn't cherry-picked my last post, you would have realized that I perfectly UNDERSTAND that they have lives. Try not to be a selective jerk, please.

What I am mostly disturbed by is the lack of INTEREST. Let's face it - a mainstream manga that's popular will have people clamoring to translate it, while BAA:LO is basically a very obscure graphic novel in comparison. So it stands to reason that BAA:LO will not get translated as readily as other titles would have.

We here at Ripper's are suffering from the same situation BAA:LO did under Viz's stewardship - Viz was more interested in putting their translator workforce on translating copies of One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto than they were in faithfully translating Yukito's work.

That is all I'm trying to point out. Lack of interest = lack of translators willing to put in the time...

Sam
GIB

Post by Sam » Thu May 10, 2012 8:56 am

Seriously ? :shock:

You know, everyone is basically thinking about when a translation will be out and waiting for it, but lots of us try not to rush people to do what they like otherwise it seems to be a job, don't you think?

So, again, read the threads, maybe all the recent ones taking about translations somewhere, I totally remember Sergio saying that Targa is moving out and has not so much extra time doing it.

You know, as an example, I really enjoy and interesting in playing music, but sometimes I cannot due to overscheluded days...

Plus, some kind of a translation has already been posted, so you should already know the meaning of all the chapter even if not in details, so then you don't need to rush the translators...

AR-99
GIB

Post by AR-99 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Is it just me or is it the same poster repeating themselves over and over again about a supposedly timely translation not coming out when they expect or want it to? :roll:

HumanRage
Tipharean

Post by HumanRage » Thu May 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Corporations have no soul to save, and they have no body to incarcerate. (Baron Thurlow)

^Ripper
Site Admin

Post by ^Ripper » Sat May 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Maybe i should take a crack at it...
I cannot guarantee 100% accuracy.
I probably cannot even guarantee 1% accuracy.

But hey, its a translation of moonspeak from my mind.
So excuse my mind if i do attempt translation.
It has issues...

NKato

Post by NKato » Sun May 13, 2012 7:12 am

I'm generally not worried about the translation now that Kodansha is publishing - the wait is just going to be a while, but I only took the time to point out that we're not as timely as other scanlation groups.

You can criticize me for that all you want, I'm just calling it like I see it.

HumanRage
Tipharean

Post by HumanRage » Sun May 13, 2012 1:39 pm

if you really want it so bad, i can copy/past the summary into the txt bubbles, using paint brush to make a partial, trashlation. i used to do that for others mangas in the times of the mangahelpers community, but i'm not sure this piece deserves it :shock:

Lemonlol
Barjack soldier

Post by Lemonlol » Sun May 13, 2012 5:53 pm

My troll buzzer is ringing like hell.

I think Kamugin created a new profile on this forum...

HumanRage
Tipharean

Post by HumanRage » Sun May 13, 2012 9:22 pm

i said that but i just gave a look : summary is way too short and chapter way too verbose for such a job be done.

entire pages would have to be filled by guess/fun stuff, and that's just not acceptable ;-(*)

MrFaber
GIB

Post by MrFaber » Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 pm

What happened to phase 112? :O Is there any idea of when it's gonna be relased in japan?

Lawman

Post by Lawman » Wed May 16, 2012 10:21 am

MrFaber wrote:
Spoiler:
So, she nano-fused to the onion frame, she grew wings out of it and she changet trajectory. I loved it, but it's impossible. Wings only work inside the atmosphere, in space a change of shape does not affect inertial motion. She should have grown gas jets ^^ I still loved it and i bet the nano-fusion is not permanent, she did that crap before.
Spoiler:
The explanation of the wings has been stated before, they are made out of plasma which was used to propel the Onion Frame. In one of the frames you can see that eventually the Plasma Wings dissipate after the trajectory was changed.

As for the Tail, well if the Onion Frame was within the gravitational forces of the planet it could be used the same way other animals use appendages to counter balance and shift its weight from one side to another helping to change its direction. But If the Onion frame was still in space not being affected by gravity then it would be purely cosmetic would be my guess.

HumanRage
Tipharean

Post by HumanRage » Wed May 16, 2012 6:09 pm

gravitation works funny when you got a big chunk of your mass in one place, and a loooong wire attached to it... you basically can augment your speed/high up your altitude by rolling and unrolling, and cutting it accordingly.

maths are well above my head though, but applications do exist, it's actually how an orbital elevator could be put in place :
- collect junk in geostationnary orbit
- make a wire
- pull the wire down to the surface, the counterweight's altitude increase while keeping its position above earth (geostat)
- when the wire is on the floor, PROFIT !

can be combined with a tower/rocket/balloon for the bottom part, for extra coolness.

sirGrey

Post by sirGrey » Thu May 31, 2012 9:18 pm

All pray for blessed TargaryenX to grant our not so humble wish!

That is to read Chapter 111 before knowledge of kanji will descend on us :)

Isidorios
Deckman

Post by Isidorios » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:34 pm

I would be happy to just fabricate some genuine-sounding dialogue, if it would make everyone less antsy!