Last chapter 129!

Your thoughts on the BAA universe. Anything can be posted here.

Moderator: crazyankan

reg0325

Last chapter 129!

Post by reg0325 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:32 pm

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2837559335

At the end, it says it will come back in summer 2014!!
It's going to be all about Alita in Mars!! So exciting!! :D

Sam
GIB

Re: Last chapter 129!

Post by Sam » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Whaaaaat?!
Thanks! A lot faster than the two last ones!
Spoiler:
I sometimes kind of miss the small details that Yukito used to put in his drawings but I must say that the eyes thing (where the pupil is clear for the cyborg version and not the human one) is something I appreciate as a detail!

kuroro86
GIB

Post by kuroro86 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Well is what we supposed
Spoiler:
bio print???????????????

AloneInTokyo

Post by AloneInTokyo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Spoiler:
That's just the principle of using 3D printers pushed farther. We're already able to put living (?) cells into such devices to design coarse human tissues, so there's nothing really surprising occuring here. Don't forget that GLO's plot takes place in a rather distant future.

Sam
GIB

Post by Sam » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:42 pm

kuroro86 wrote:Well is what we supposed
Spoiler:
bio print???????????????
Yes I know but still!!
Spoiler:
That's the same process M'badi used to recover his hand

reg0325

Post by reg0325 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Also at the end, it mentions about Frau X and Super Nova on Mars. Can't wait to see what's going to happen!!

AR-99
GIB

Post by AR-99 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Whoa, thanks for this!
Spoiler:
So...

Kaos did become weak. Booo again!!!

About time Lou came back.

Alita recreated a copy of herself in flesh and blood form while she goes to Mars without losing any of her upgrades? Guess she learned something from Nova.
Last edited by AR-99 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guren
Tipharean

Post by Guren » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Could you please put all the images in a convenient link?

I'm gonna go sleep now.
I'll try to have it done in the next 24 hours but I won't promise you anything.
At latest, it'll be ready for thursday.

othergrunty
Deckman

Post by othergrunty » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:50 am

Well i guess that puts everyone who was in the ZOTT out of the picture except Zazie and Gally herself (too bad i had hoped Sechs follows her to Mars).

Off to a new start then.

AR-99
GIB

Post by AR-99 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:12 am

Sechs is waiting for a new Fizziroy Body.

Abaddon
Barjack soldier

Post by Abaddon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:47 am

Guren wrote:Could you please put all the images in a convenient link?

I'm gonna go sleep now.
I'll try to have it done in the next 24 hours but I won't promise you anything.
At latest, it'll be ready for thursday.
https://mega.co.nz/#!Qdt3CB6R!FjDF38IcJ ... HPcMr29J6Y

kuroro86
GIB

Post by kuroro86 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:27 pm

But I whant Sechs on Mars too, :cry:

Eriorguez

Post by Eriorguez » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Heh, Deja Vu...
Spoiler:
So, what we have now, 2 Gallys running around?

galaxyngc1672

Post by galaxyngc1672 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:48 pm

Spoiler:
I can't help but think that the whole "stay an android vs get your fleshy brain back" was not a real dilemma to begin with. It's already been established that an organic brain an artificial brain-chips can be run in sync like with Trinidad. Alita could have chooses to both keep her organic brain and the brain-chip. But, having two versions of Alita is also good way to go at this point. I think being with your loved ones would be a major problem for people making copies of themselves. You can't both be with them, but this too can be resolved with the available technology. I can't help but think that when the android version gets done with her work on mars she'd would want to sync with the organic Alita and become one person.

And of course choosing between a regular organic body and a superpowered cyborg body is another non-dilemma. With the technology displayed one could make both cybernetic and organic body's with detachable heads like the socket soldiers. Or maybe skulls that open and allow brain swamping, or even body's that accept brain-chips like a flash drive or floppy disk. With the technology available in this universe you could use and switch body (both organic and robotic) just like you would clothing. So no reason not to have both kinds of bodies. Although it would make for an awfully creepy closet.

Sam
GIB

Post by Sam » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:59 pm

galaxyngc1672 wrote:I can't help but think that the whole "stay an android vs get your fleshy brain back" was not a real dilemma to begin with. It's already been established that an organic brain an artificial brain-chips can be run in sync like with Trinidad. Alita could have chooses to both keep her organic brain and the brain-chip. But, having two versions of Alita is also good way to go at this point. I think being with your loved ones would be a major problem for people making copies of themselves. You can't both be with them, but this too can be resolved with the available technology. I can't help but think that when the android version gets done with her work on mars she'd would want to sync with the organic Alita and become one person.

And of course choosing between a regular organic body and a superpowered cyborg body is another non-dilemma. With the technology displayed one could make both cybernetic and organic body's with detachable heads like the socket soldiers. Or maybe skulls that open and allow brain swamping, or even body's that accept brain-chips like a flash drive or floppy disk. With the technology available in this universe you could use and switch body (both organic and robotic) just like you would clothing. So no reason not to have both kinds of bodies. Although it would make for an awfully creepy closet.
Sorry guys I removed the spoilers but I think everyone knows what's happening now...

Anyway, this kind of "two body" issue has already been adressed somehow in a different manga: gantz.
No dilemma in there, the two characters chose to love a different person that he knew first.

Actually, the whole GR (or AR) series is actually just 12 versions of Gally and no one was interested of what were their memories or what were they thinking about Yugo or Ido, so... It is just a repetition of what happened already.

One minor difference, organic Gally has her memory stopped when she died, on her way to find Figure while mechanic Gally hasn't. So, that new version has no idea of what happened during her "sleep". This might then help Yukito to not be interested in developing this character so much.

Guren
Tipharean

Post by Guren » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:51 pm

galaxyngc1672

Post by galaxyngc1672 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:23 am

Actually, the whole GR (or AR) series is actually just 12 versions of Gally and no one was interested of what were their memories or what were they thinking about Yugo or Ido, so... It is just a repetition of what happened already.
I think that they established that the AR versions don't have all of Alita's memories, just the memories from when she was tuned. I think that somewhere somewhere Alita even asked Sechs if he had any memories of Mars implying that he didn't. Either way I would have a hard time forgetting about copies of characters out in the world. Even if they are no longer important to the story and diverge to become there own self, I'd like to see them checked in on, at least in an epilogue.

CS99

Post by CS99 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:00 pm

Sam wrote: I sometimes kind of miss the small details that Yukito used to put in his drawings but I must say that the eyes thing (where the pupil is clear for the cyborg version and not the human one) is something I appreciate as a detail!
I miss the old art style, we lost in details and expressions (now it looks like an enhanced version of naruto):
Spoiler:
:(

I'm glad it's finaly over, no more gally with a cat tail, no more dick weapon. Let's hope Yukito will focus on Mars only ! Will Mars Gally be like Motorball Gally ? muh bad-ass !

AR-99
GIB

Post by AR-99 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:38 pm

^She could have regenerated with the cat tail, we'll have to see. Personally I didn't care too much for it either, that and her more feline behavior although it did lighten her up from being so serious.

I really want to see Alita finally, finally at the end get a definitive ending, preferably a happy one, but given the state of the Solar System and nature of humanity and assuming that she keeps the Last Order role, she would never be able to retire, unless she dies of old age.

Guren
Tipharean

Post by Guren » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:28 pm

She'd like for her to keep the promise to Figure, abandoning the fighting an becoming happy instead of her flesh self, but she can't, that's why she entrust the other one with it. Hers' a different destiny. Sad but cool.

Now, ask your gfs to cosplay with the bandages with the pull stuff.
I know you want it.

Rafael

Post by Rafael » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:23 pm

I have a few problems with how things wrapped up in the end.

First, bio-Alita will inevitably find out about synthetic Alita, Super Nova, ZOTT and all other important things. She will face a ton of peculiar questions. And being Alita I suspect she will be tempted to go after her 2.0-self (out of sheer curiosity and/or genuine care. Not to mention its her past being investigated after all) or at least to closely follow whatever developments are going to take place on Mars. I don't think she will be satisfied with being left out of equation when very important things are about to happen. Synth-Alita could at least leave her a message or something!

Second, it was not wise to reconstruct her earlier self in a flesh and blood body. 2.0 is involved in political matters of very powerful (and ruthless) entities, people she cares about are automatically in danger until she completes her quest and quits. She mentally separated herself from them, but its not really the case. Alita 1.0 needs a cybernetic body to protect herself and those around her no less than earlier or Alita 2.0. By leaving one Alita behind like that, 2.0 only creates an additional weak spot for her enemies to strike. She should have considered the possibility to combine their efforts (or just discuss things with her other self and figure out what to do, not decide by herself! Its kind of arrogant).

Maybe it will happen in one way or another. Would be an interesting development.

Martin
Barjack soldier

Post by Martin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:18 am

Full Flesh Alita has Sechs and the bunnies to watch out for her. I expect that full flesh gets pregnant and it is clear that she can't do anything resembling Panzer Kunst. No way will they reunite some day. Bets on Ido hooking up with Lou?

Quantum Agent Alita...we'll see. Her, Melchizedek, Jupitan and Zazie vs. Frau X, Super Nova and reimagined Mauser guy is a pretty good match-up. I bet her worm hole is retconned/the Jovians are able to stabilize the nano infraction...she can't be as powerful as she was.

There could be a Mercurian invasion for all we know.

Sergio Nova
Künstler

Post by Sergio Nova » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:42 am

Martin wrote:Bets on Ido hooking up with Lou?
In the first version, Lou ends with Kaos.

Martin
Barjack soldier

Post by Martin » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:51 am

I think that the AR series just got martial arts, movement/sensor information, and there was no brain copying aspect, thus why the 2.5 we know are so different. I imagine they had a basic drone operating system, plus the Panzer Kunst fighting technique data...like Neo knowing kung-fu. They were intended to be controlled by the GIB agents very acutely.

As to being disappointed in her not having two brains or what not, it has been established that that is an evil act. Super-Nova is evil, and Mbadi is evil and seems to be keeping the other Typharean super geniuses as cerebral prisoners, I imagine. When Tunpo removed Trinidad's extra Brain bio chips, he had not nice words for him. I think YK has assigned a negative bias to the concept.

Sechs hanging out on earth is the big disappointing thing for me. That character spans the entirety of Last Order, single-handedly carried them through much of the Zott, had Zekka beat, ...remember the moon cult survivor cute girl that is probably madly in love with Sechs? If it weren't for the BS, Alita resurrection ability I would bet on Sechs. Ah well, in 3-4 years when it looks like Alita is truly done for, Sechs and Zekka can drop in and save the day. I imagine Sechs and Zekka are dear friends if they meet again, with Zekka offering to buy Sechs a beer in the face of Sechs asking for a rematch. I might be wrong, Zekka is an odd character and he might be more of a villain.

When we were all guessing what was going to happen, I don't know if I posted it but I could have seen Sechs be the star of the series, protecting a full flesh Alita, or whatever. The bottom line is that I really don't like Alita's journey across Last Order. She changes and what not but she is really just getting more and more invincible. Obviously her journey across the original series is amazing, Angel of Death NUMBER 1 4EVA!!! but Sechs really has a good arc across Last Order. The crowds cheer for and cry for the Professor and it really makes for an awesome dramatic tale. I loved Sechs all in when she claimed to want to be more powerful than a starship and the bunnies were like, "she lost it!"...maybe my favorite moment across the whole of Last Order.

Please PLEASE PLEASE let the bunnies be reformed and not cast out.

Zanax

Post by Zanax » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:05 pm

I just read Chapter 129 and I have to say in a way I'm not surprised, but in another way I'm almost somewhat dissappointed...
Spoiler:
I was sort of expecting more in terms of Figure meeting up with 2.0 Alita. I was sorta thinking that there would be this huge thing where he'd get rejected by her or something (granted, I don't care for Figure all that much and Chapter 129 didn't help considering he just ran in half cocked 100% of the time). There's a whole lot of loose threads, a lot of things Alita 2.0 fought for that she will now never see the results of. Not because maybe she left but because of the fact that nobody else seems to be really all that interested in pursuing, even Ido doesn't seem to be particularly concerned or interested. Maybe it's because Mars is so far?? I don't really know. And the last chapter did seem somewhat rushed- like, bam bunny alitas are back, bam Sechs is still there as chibi Sechs. But there's no effort to explain why they decided to stay behind, it seems unlikely Sechs would considering he/she/whatever was so into fighting and what not.
That being said I find it hard to believe that this will be a prequel or something. It seems to me it'll continue but I was wondering exactly how many volumes of the next Series there will be. I hope there will be a lot and it will continue but who really knows at this point :(