Tools for creating your own EBOOT file (customization of background, icon, sound...):
- PSX2PSP -> This merges all your resources <ISO><Background><Icon><Sound><Animation> in the EBOOT file additionally suports patches like switch button O by X
- Optional. Codec ATRAC3 -> For the AT3 sound edition (this is the only one compatible with the PSP EBOOT file
- Optional. GoldWave -> Converts your MP3 to AT3
Tools/apps required in the psp:
- PSP with a custom firmware (I recommend infinity firmware)
- Plugin "popsloader" -> Allows you to execute an specific EBOOT with any kind of psp firmware version. This is because depending on the firmware the psx compatibility changes.
- In popsloader, the FW 3.03 is working for me
How to prepare the Eboot file:
- a) Add the customization files <ISO><Background><icon><sound><animation>
- b) Create the EBOOT file. 1. Select the PSX ISO file, 2 Select the output folder, 3 Click over convert
- c) Copy the output content to the PSP folder "/PSP/GAME"
- d) Enable the plugin "popsloader" and run the game presing the button "R"
- e) Select the firmware desired and enjoy